Gang:

After off and on activity over the years, I'm back to this forum with a few questions (I searched but couldn't easily find answers). I've been chartering and sailing in BVIs since the 80s but this new adventure has me with some questions.

I'm looking to organize my largest ever bareboat charter - 3 families totaling 12 (6 adults and 6 kids aged 9-13). Having sailed for decades, we originally considered a few cats with me captaining 1 and leading the flotilla, but I'm now considering an alternative - a single large Cat. That has its positives and negatives I know but I'm now leaning this way (single boat I captain - handling the boat is of no concern, its more about the living/food/provisioning experience). So, my questions:

1. Has anyone ever done this - single large cat with 10+ aboard - in BVIs (I'm favoring BVIs even though its not my favorite place to sail but its the largest fleet and I know it like the back of my hand)?
2. Does anyone have any experience with particular boats in that class - I'm looking at TMM's fleet (Saba and L50) as well as DYC (L52) at this point as most likely options.
3. Is provisioning anything less than a nightmare (we'd be eating most meals aboard - grilling really - with some limited meals in restaurants). Any particular experience on this for a group our size - DYC's Scrub Island location is nice but it would wondering how seamless the provisioning is there via ferry trips.

Any other thoughts I'm happy to hear...

Thanks!

Kevin