I do find it interesting that SXM Hertz expressly tells you that the car comes with third party liability insurance with a $400 deductible - and lists some normal exclusions. Would seem a good marketing decision. What would be interesting (not enough to do it, of course) would be to compare the third party insurance that SXM Hertz states you are getting with the third party insurance that other companies have on their cars without saying so. Most of the "optional" I have seen have no deductible in the normal case.

It all really comes down to trust and relationship. You appear to have a great relationship with SXM Hertz and that is what really counts. I have rented with Mike/Unity for years, have gone through a few damage issues with him, and am comfortable dealing with him. At this point, one thing I do not do, is look around trying to save a few dollars. As I think I have said to Mike and Lesley, I often wonder how these guys survive in such a competitive environment with some of the lowest car rental rates anywhere.