Originally Posted by skipdastraw
I feel like it makes no sense to try to stay in the BVI on the 2nd. It will just make your trip home on the 3rd that much more stressful/complicated.
Your timing is very lucky though! Interisland Boat services runs a ferry from Jost on Tuesdays back to USVI! It leaves at 3:30 and routes through St John, ending in Redhook.
Leaving the BVI on the 3rd just gives you more hoops to jump through.
You could consider staying in St John and not continuing on to STT that same day, although your options for one night are probably limited and pricey. Plus, you would have to be on the 11 or 11:15 outta there the next day so really, what is the point?
Since that ferry would take you right into RedHook I personally would probably lean to Sapphire Beach or Secret Harbor if they would accept only one night. Then all you deal with on departure day is a taxi to the airport. Since your flight is so late there should be no reason to try to get a place super close to the airport (like Emerald).

So, here is my current thinking... love the idea of that 3:30 ferry from JVD>St. John>Redhook, except that it leaves us out of our hotel on JVD from 11:00 am until we leave for the ferry at 3:00 (they are sold out that night so late checkout not going to happen). Then, by the time we get to our hotel on STT it'll be like 5:00 so too late to really enjoy the beach or pool if they have one. Upside is that we get to sleep in both mornings, at least until check out time, and we don't have to take a ferry on the day of our flight.

If we stay on Tortola, we can hop on the 12:00 ferry after checkout from JVD and get to our hotel on Tortola by 1:00ish, giving us time to enjoy the beach/pool and relax for the rest of the day. Next morning, we could take the (11:30?) ferry from Road Town to CA and avoid that cab ride from Red Hook to STT. That would get us to CA 4.5 hours before our flight which should be more than enough time on a Wednesday.

With all the above being said, I'm leaning toward either Secret Harbour or Sapphire on STT or Quitos or Heritage Inn on Tortola. I've also emailed Myett's to see if they have availability but no response yet. They will only book single night stays up to two weeks in advance, so I won't know if that's an option for a couple more weeks.

Last edited by LA_FadeAway; 03/22/2023 03:35 PM.