GeorgeC1 a Pats Rat?! Lol! Those are the absolute worst kind! RickinAtlanta, there are close to ten reviews in the last two years that mention rats and mice. Some in the rooms, some running around near the restaurant. The most recent review is suspect given that person signed up just to post that one review. If the Manager seemed to take other bad reviews more seriously, I'd be inclined to believe him that those people never stayed there; however, the Manager's poor handling of bad reviews is one of the biggest things that is turning me off of that hotel. He almost always accuses the person of lying or never having stayed there rather than offering a professional response. It makes it hard to know which ones are actually BS when he calls them all BS. He'd be better off with a canned response that at least sounded like he cared. At least he does acknowledge the power outages, which, as others have said are to be expected in the islands.

I don't doubt that you have all had decent stays there, but I also believe that some of the reviewers have run into a fair share of nasty conditions. At this point I've got it in my head that's it's going to be disgusting no matter what so why bother shelling out $300 just to go into it expecting it to suck. The price on our room at Secret Harbour just dropped $60 so now it's under my self-imposed $500 threshold. We're going to stick with that, at least for now.

By the way, you have to watch out for fakes in the Trip Advisor forums too. Many years ago, I caught a hotel Manager with multiple usernames promoting his hotel in the Belize forum, pretending to be past guests. I was already suspicious that someone was using multiple usernames when the wording in some comments was very similar, including grammatical errors. Then, he private messaged me under his manager name to offer a discount at his hotel, which they aren't supposed to do. The wording was just like all those other posts, so I called him out. He fessed up and begged and pleaded for me not to report him. I did not report him outright but did flag his extra usernames and let people in the forum know that "someone" was using fake accounts and to take those comments with a grain of salt.