I am at Orient Bay now.

ORIENT BAY BEACH

There are many beach bars, large and small. Most you will remember.

Papagallo, Pedros, Cheryls, Palm Beach and Brothers have been replaced/not reconstructed. The other beach bars have been revived.

Perch Lite and Bikini Beach are not the same without our favourite bartenders.

There are donkeys in the village and down by Perch lite, on the beach. They are tame as Perch Lite offers them food.

I saw 2 lounge chairs, drinks, umbrella and wifi at 20e yesterday (maybe Le String??somewhere at that end)

Aloha has live band Sun nights (they were horrible at xmas and this band was as well. Mostly hard rock both times). This event draws a large crowd.

Chez Leandra has 10% service charge.

Kontiki or was it Waikiki?? (the bar with the red swings) is 4e or 5usd/beer.. I wonder if its rounded up per beer or per bill as this can make a big diff at the end of a long day, or large crowd.

The beach is quiet, even on cruise days. Water is sometimes rough, usually fun to bob in. A wee bit cooler than xmas. Winds/breeze has been refreshing all week.

No sargassum in water... some on the beach, most buried/raked in the sand. I'd say a thin layer exists here and there, just go around... there is plenty beach without it.. (not sure at north end tho).

And yes. per another thread, the sun is blistering hot. Lather up, folks.

SHOPS

Sexy Fruits and another shop are still on the beach. Luiz has his sign up though I didnt see much in his breezeway shop showing his wares at his place of business.

Water sports are open for business.

The village square is just as vibrant. a few new restaurants (Sao sushi) and a beach shop behind the real estate corner, facing the beach. Nice stuff for kids too.

ISLAND

Tourism is picking up. The french side looks good except some of Marigot.

Les mardis de Grand Case was fun, though the baby cousin of yester years.

Marigot market is not as diverse with market products as in the past.

thanks for reading my "pod cast ramblings from paradise".. If you have any questions about orient bay, I'll try my best to reply.