Hello,

I am heading down for a two week sailing trip with nine guys - actually Antigua but I thought this would be the best place to ask this question. I want to pack down quite a bit of meat and looking for advice on how large of a cooler I should buy - and brand/model recommendations would be useful as well. I have searched prior threads but couldn't find my answer. Right now I'm planning on bringing: 1 - ribeye roast, 2 - tenderloin roasts, 8 - pre-made single serve beef wellingtons, 2 - skirt steaks, frozen shrimp, 18 burger patties, 18 - brats. Also wouldn't mind throwing in some breakfast meats as well if there's room.

What size cooler should I be aiming for to accommodate all of that? I am hoping something like the Polar Bear 24 would fit it all. Does that seem about right or not enough room? Would it be better to divide an conquer and have two people each carry a cooler? Everything will be frozen solid so ice/gel packs are probably not necessary as long as everything gets packed in pretty tight. If there is any space left over we'll fill it with some more food. Total travel time door-to-boat will be about 24 hours and I definitely want to carry the food on - not check it.

Appreciate any input you experienced "cooler-carriers" can offer!

Thanks!

Last edited by snmhanson; 04/22/2023 12:40 PM.