Make sure your dinghy is tied on the opposite side of the boat from the grill so you don't get ash on it, or worse, burn it.

Additional vote for soaking a paper towel with cooking oil to light. I've used lighter fluid exactly once; hot dogs tasted like jet fuel.

If you can get the egg crate charcoal it really takes all the pain out of charcoal grilling. It starts and gets hot very quickly. If you can't find them, plan well ahead to tinker with your fire and wait for the coals to get hot.

There are plenty of opportunities to re-provision in the BVI. Use your initial order to stock up on beverages, staples, and first few days of perishables. I was actually surprised at how quickly produce rotted and bread molded my first time to the Carribean.

I've lost enough meat in my time to know better: Forget grill lines and put your dogs on the grill perpendicular to the grill grate to keep them from rolling off. Take your time and go slow when moving things around on the grill. Alcohol is always a contributing factor, so drink accordingly.