Originally Posted by vytis104
blown away how many people grill. We plan meals without the hassle and risks. Especially when we bring our kids.

We sous vide meats at home, re-vacuum seal them and freeze; then onboard sear in a pan with spice of choice. 10 min meals at high quality..

Steak
Chicken
Salmon
Pork
Etc...

We typically eat out 50%, dinner onboard 50%, with the meals planned with leftovers to add to a lunch. Salmon dinner, salmon bagels breakfast and salmon BLT lunch, skirt steak dinner, steak and eggs, steak sandwiches, etc....

Thanks for your perspective vytis104. I am considering bringing some pre-cooked/sealed/frozen meats from home, but not having done so before I am curious about your process. I was planning to wrap the sealed packages in newspaper and pack tightly into a polar bear cooler, then hope that everything stays frozen as long as possible. We will have a 12-hr day to get to STT, then I can pop stuff in the freezer of our rental in Red Hook overnight, then back into the cooler the next morning until we get on the boat at noon. We're chartering a 35-ft mono, so my understanding is that the refrigerator will be basically a glorified cooler (running the engine a couple hours in the a.m./p.m. to chill). No real freezer to speak of. Do your meats stay frozen for a couple days in the bottom of the boat fridge? Even at home, I wouldn't usually eat meat that had been in my refrigerator for 8 days, so I'm trying to figure out if things will stay cold enough long enough to be safe or if we need to try to pick up some protein in Trellis or someplace near the back end of our charter.