GaKaye, the construction beside us hasn’t bothered us in the least. We hear a little hammering in the morning but a little soft morning coffee music cures that. It’s a very small work crew. The owners told us that the dust was horrendous earlier in the year when they were digging.
Scuba, I totally understand your complaints about Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems. I surely would not want one buzzing around when I’m on the beach. The ONLY time I fly in built up or busy areas is for real estate photos/videos..with a safety vest for visibility….and that’s in Class G airspace or with approval from NAV Canada in controlled airspace…or with a “Special Flight Operation Certicifate” from Transport Canada. I’m summoned all the time to help look for missing dogs. I walked my drone down to Happy Bay early in the morning to make sure nobody was on the beach instead of sending it from the villa. I hold the highest certification in Canada for RPAS under 25kg. It’s not easy to get…only 10% of people pass the written test and then there is a flight test after that. There have been commercial airline pilots fail the written test on their first attempts. I follow ALL the rules that include controlled/restricted airspace and privacy rules. RPA systems are used for farming, organs for transplant from hospital to hospital, mapping for roads and on and on. Painting your wide brush on all RPAS pilots is not fair. And before you say “you’re not licensed in the EU”, I use my micro drone (under 250g) down here which is not bound by airspace rules. I also have the Grand Case airport in my contacts in the event of a lost link or flyaway.
The type of pilots that you are referring to piss me off too.