Well today started out cloudy so we ventured to Bacchus in Mt Hope estate
While I salivate looking at all the wine, our visit today was to pick up some Nespresso pods for my wife and to finally try the restaurant section for lunch
Roman who used to be the head waiter at Le Pressoir works in the wine area and it is always nice to see him

I have heard nothing but good things about the restaurant which is only open for lunch
Last year we purchased caviar from the wine shop for a dinner catered by a private chef last year

The restaurant serves the same caviar along with the accouchements at the same price along with 2 shots of a quality vodka
yes it is a splurge but well deserved as I just finished up over 4 and a half months straight without a day off, not a complaint as I love making my guests happy

while the menu looks very good, the specials made it even harder to make a decision
I choose the foie gras tasting plate while a very creamy risotto with lobster and shrimp was my wife's choice, it rocked
I ordered a "sweet wine" to go with my foie gras and was surprised to receive a wine from Argentina.
It was honey colored and well balanced. I went back into the wine section and picked up 2 bottles to take home. $10 for a half bottle. Great value!!!
A small portion of green bean soup was served as an amuse

the desserts did not tempt us as we were stopping at Bacchus express to pick up some more macaroons on the way home

Service was excellent and we look forward to a cloudy day next year so we can revisit

Attached Files Bacchus Amuse.jpgBacchus Caviar.jpgBAcchus Caviar 2.jpgBacchus Foie Gras.jpgBacchus Risotto.jpg
Last edited by mahokid; 08/22/2023 06:15 PM.