The timing of this thread is pretty good noting that yesterday I got two emails about changes to my flights to and from SXM coming up here in Nov/Dec, note that this was not the first of the changes since booking and each time I was sent an email but on previous changes this option was not an option. They were not big changes to our flights, on the way down we have a bit more time in CLT which we really didn't need but on the trip back even though the flights only changed a bit that gave me the ability to call in and change from our three leg trip that was SXM - CLT - DFW - PDX with a night spent at DFW to a SXM - MIA - PDX with two hours at MIA and home that night. It was a more expensive option but did not have to pay any extra thanks to the changes. I have Emerald status in Oneworld (AA's partner program) so that may have helped. Hold time was a bit long but the person was very pleasant and easy to work with.

I like to book early for the least expensive route and then hope something like this is an option with schedule changes. Saved a bunch of travel time and a hotel at DFW.

I like American Airlines and I know many of you complain about them but I for one am thankful for the routes they fly and while I have had some issues they to me are much better than Delta, United or Jet Blue.

See you on island GaKaye! Whoooooop Whooooooop!

I prefer the Isle seat