Decided to call this morning and the agent stated that there had been "a ton of schedule changes," hence the long wait. I took the call back option and they called me back in just under 2 hours. Our return ended up getting changed too, with an aircraft change that eliminated first class. Anyway..ended up having to leave a day earlier to get a same day arrival. Now all connections thru CLT versus MIA on the way down, and PHL on the way home.

Staying at the Holland House for a few nights before 2 weeks at BSV and when I went to Travelocity to modify, I noticed the price had gone down big time..more than enough to absorb the extra night. They also have an option to add their fantastic breakfast for $13 per day (for 2), and snagged that. I typically avoid booking engines and book direct, but for whatever reason, HH is half the price via Travelocity. Free cancel/changes too.

So, all fixed for the moment and an extra night on the island isn't exactly a tragedy. Also had a very pleasant agent, and she too had a tough time understanding how the system could move us to a connecting flight that arrived in MIA an hour after the SXM leg took off. She repeated a few times that it was the only option to get us there the same day, then finally she caught on and we had a good laugh.

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." ~ John F. Kennedy