Yes, what a shame about Katitche. I heard quite some time ago that it was under contract (how reliable that is I don't know). It would be so nice to see it rebuilt.
Unless done recently, the tower is not rebuilt to the best of my knowledge.
We have stayed many places on the island. Nail Bay was our sweet spot for years as it is so central. Lately though, with the re-vitalization of North Sound, we have started staying in villas in Leverick (Dos Sols this coming trip) Many folks discourage this area because it isn't as close to the beaches as some other locations however, there are very few places you can stay right ON the beach, which puts you in a car anyway. Places near the Baths (Guavaberry for example) are close yes, but then you just have to drive for literally everything else. There is a reason everyone is drawn to North Sound-it has a lot to offer and for a land based visitor who doesn't want to sit on a beach all day there are tons of things to do. We have found that staying in Leverick has cut down on our traversing the island a LOT. Not to mention the views are killer from those hills!