I have seen several questions about what the departure lounge area looks like. I travelled December 14 from SXM back to Canada for the holidays.

The process for departure is much better than it was. Nothing like the current arrival area issues.

A printed boarding pass is very important to go through the new electronic system for departure. Everything from getting onto the escalator to go up to the second floor to getting through immigration on the second floor. If you’re boarding pass is not good quality, it is possible, you might be turned around.

I checked in at the WestJet counter on the ground floor even though I did not have check on baggage. I received my boarding pass and that is what I used to go through the electronic gate system.

There are some food options upstairs. You will see in these photos. The restaurants had large lineups. If that is an issue for you, I would suggest you bring some thing to eat.

There are a couple makeshift areas where tables are set up and you can buy drinks alcoholic or non alcoholic and even some snacks like chips, etc..

The jetways are being used and I walked onto my WestJet 737 through one of those jetways. There are four of them.

There may be some questions, but here are some photos.

Drphilsxm

Attached Files IMG_4243.jpegIMG_4244.jpegIMG_4245.jpegIMG_4246.jpegIMG_4247.jpegIMG_4248.jpegIMG_4249.jpegIMG_4250.jpegIMG_4251.jpegIMG_4252.jpegIMG_4253.jpegIMG_4254.jpegIMG_4255.jpegIMG_4256.jpegIMG_4257.jpeg