Richie--as others have said, Frontier is currently the only airline that flies nonstop from anywhere in Central Florida, and then only part of the year. While I try to say "never", I seriously doubt I will ever fly Frontier again, after those shenanigans they pulled about the size of carry on bags. But I digress.

There have been rumors for years that Southworst will fly to SXM sometime soon. The rumor is that it would be from Orlando. But, as you can see, they are not my favorite people either. Just give me a d*mn SEAT!! We have lived mid-way between Tampa and Orlando since 2006. It takes us 1.5 hours to drive to either Orlando or Tampa and 3.5 hours to drive to Miami. The only nonstops currently from anywhere in Florida are the above Frontier, part of the year, AA from Miami and Spirit. AA flies every day, often 2 or 3 flights per day, depending on the season. Spirit I think only flies on Saturday. I am having a senior moment and don't remember if they fly from Miami or FLL. If you are close to Orlando or Tampa, you could look at connecting flights from there to Miami. However, when we have looked at those in the past, since we live so far from either of those, we could literally drive to Miami for the non-stop, quicker than we could drive to either Tampa or Orlando and do a connection. And then of course if you have a connection, then you have a connection, with all the folderol associated with that. If you are doing a connecting flight, you can fly from either Tampa or Orlando on Delta to Atlanta, and then on to SXM.

Other than one or two flights on Delta booked with miles, we have just driven the 3.5 hours to Miami. That works out best for us. IF you decide to drive to Miami, we park at Miami Park and Fly. Highly recommended.

Carol Hill