Thanks for the post Wes and other TMM owners who replied. I have been with 3 companies where I operated under shared revenue programs. None of them did well and one did particularly poorly despite charting more weeks than their pro forma was based on. In fact over 4 years I saw 9% of the gross and they assured me I would see 25 to 30%. This makes me a bit gun shy in looking for my next boat. TMM has however seemed to be the one shared revenue company that has met owners expectations. I know of horror stories from many different companies in the BVI. I have yet to hear one from a TMM owner.
My other option is to move my current boat to a secondary company since from a financial standpoint it has done very well and the note will be minimal at the end of the contract. The problem with the purchase of a new boat is the current boat costs combined with interest rates don’t seem to support ownership over renting or retaining the current boat. Used charter boats as you mention are a big variable in ownership and at the moment values are dropping rapidly. The good part of that however is new charter boat sales have been horrid and I expect to start seeing new boat pricing becoming more competitive. I have about 9 months before I need to commit to something. Perhaps the markets will shake out a bit more to provide some clarity.
G