Yes, I did, on February 8th. I was impressed with the lounge in San Juan, but was very unhappy in how a weather issue was handled.

With regard to the latter, upon arrival in San Juan, there was a lot of uncertainty about many flights due to the weather. For the first hour of the layover, there was conflicting information about whether we would go anywhere that day, and where we would land; finally at about 90 minutes before we were scheduled take off we were informed that weather in VG prevented the plane from landing there; I scoffed at that because it was no worse there than in Tortola (more on that later). Anyhow, we were given three choices: (1) an immediate ticket refund; (2) stay overnight in San Juan at our own expense and get on the next flight out on the ensuing day; or (3) go to EIS. We all chose the third option, but were grumbling about it. The best part of the story is that as I'm hiking over to the catch the ferry to VG after clearing customs in Tortola, I run into a pilot from Cape Air that I know pretty well and who was disembarking from the one I was about to board. I asked if he had just landed in VG - and he said "yes, without any issues." I was furious because I thus inferred that the diversion to EIS was not a decision made in good faith, and so when I got a "how did we do" email from Tradewind, I sent a "match to gasoline" response.

I actually got a reply, and the rep set up a call with me. I told her that the weather story struck me as implausible, given that Cape Air could land its Vietnam War era planes there but she reminded me that Tradewind's planes were newer and thus might not have the same handling characteristics on a muddy runway (which I confirmed as indeed the case on VG's dirt patch). She acknowledged that the choices we were given were less than the company could have done, and the "squeaky wheel getting the grease" part of the story is that I received a 25% credit toward my next flight - and I will indeed give them another shot. Why?

Aside from making it right via the 25% credit, the mere fact that the company's rep reached out to me after getting my blistering email was heartening; she was unfailingly polite, and not at all disingenuous when explaining the predicament at VG's Taddy Bay. Again, the Tradewind's aircraft is much nicer than the Cape Air equipment, and thus it's plausible that conditions that it needed for landing were more stringent than for Cape Air's prehistoric fleet.

Also, reverting back to the experience in San Juan, before we were given the three choices I recited in the first paragraph, there was much confusion and uncertainty about whether we would go at all, and if so, where we would land. However, the gate agents were marvelous in helping us as best they could, and twice I called the usually-dreaded "customer service number," and to my astonishment, my call actually got answered - by a live person! She was also very polite and took my number at one point, and then called me back to advise that indeed, if I wanted to travel that day, my only choice was EIS.

Finally, the airline's lounge at San Juan is just great. After disembarking from your incoming flight, even if you need to grab a checked bag off of the belt, there's no need to go through the absolutely ghastly security cattle drive, because Tradewinds has its own little gate and screening protocol! Yes, one takes an elevator from the main floor to an upstairs lounge reserved just for Tradewinds' passengers, which has very nice seating and free snacks (including sandwiches) and drinks (including wine, but no hard liquor). When ready for departure, one exits the lounge and on that same floor, passes through Tradewind's own security scanner and agent (who examines the contents of your carry-on luggage). Then an elevator takes you down to the tarmac, where a nice air-conditioned bus shuttles you to the plane.

So all in all, I grade the company a B or B+ given the circumstances. I'd have given them another try even absent the 25% credit, because just avoiding the San Juan security screening and having a nice quiet area to sit and relax makes it worth it to me - but more than that is the attention to customer service that militates in favor of trying them again. So that's my report, but as they say, your mileage may vary...