Dog-gone-it, for a limin group of helpful people some are just being rude. If you want to have a serious debate let's take a look at the real MotherTheresa. She was not the total saint we were always brought up to believe. Don't agree, do some google searches with the word skeptical included and if you're still not sure PM me! That has as much to do with the OP's question as the pooh pooh posts. So, maybe I don't like the OP's chosen nickname but I'd like to try to answer the question and leave out the rest because he didn't ask "do you like my nickname" or "can I find the answer to my question somewhere else"

Rant off.

To answer the OP's question, up to date within the last 3 weeks. Only the captain goes to C&I in BVI with ships papers and all passports. The office is on the left side of the building at Sopers as you look towards it from your mooring. Don't go to the dock with your boat. The door you want is the closest to the water. After you finish you will be directed to the next door over to pay. Once you have paid you go back to prove to them you have paid and then you are done. This is not a two story building at Sopers. Everything you have to do is on ground level. The dingy dock is to the right as you are facing the C&I building from your mooring. If you want to get rid of some trash there is a dumpster about 60 feet from the dingy dock to your right, free.

You won't have room to anchor in Cruz Bay (too crowded) and they will charge you to dock at C&I (CBT) there and only give you 15 minutes to be gone. There is a lot of traffic coming in behind you to C&I so just don't do it. Take a free ball at Caneel as close to CB as you can find. It is a short ride by dingy. Veer to the left as you enter the harbor, watch out for ferries behind you, the building is on your right hand side. You can tie you dingy up on the end of their dock and no one will mind. That would be the end closest to you on the way in (west side). Now you need your boat papers and they want everyone aboard to go inside with their papers. For a bareboat you are not considered captain & crew because you don't have paying passengers so answer the questions like you are passengers. Do your best to answer the questions but don't sweat it - they will correct any of your wrong guesses on the form.

When you leave the USVI and return to the BVI you DO NOT need to clear out of the USVI (think of it as clearing in and out at the same time when you came in) so proceed back to the BVI where they only want to see the captain and the papers for everyone aboard. Now you are back in!
Rant back on...

If others don't want to be bothered and answer a question then why not just let somebody else help, a la Momma always said if you don't have anything nice... Sometimes the published information is out of date or inaccurate like the water taxis. I come here to get the latest scoop and those who have discovered this wonderful resource do to. Please don't mess with that!

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!