BTW - I submitted complaints to both AA and the DOT about our denied boarding. While we were already offered the $1k credit each, I wanted cash compensation. Apparently not worth pursuing, see AA's response below. So my advice if this happens to you - go ahead and try to re-book for a flight that's convenient. If your flight was weight-restricted, there's a good chance all of the flights that day will be as well. I would rather have went to a hotel and flown out the next morning vs sitting around the EIS terminal all day with the risk of getting bumped again.

"I do want to clarify again that under U.S. Department of Transportation guidelines, denied boarding on flights departing from an international airport do not qualify for mandatory compensation. Because of this, the Trip Credits you received were not issued as required compensation, but rather in line with American Airlines policy as a goodwill gesture for denied boarding in this situation."

Last edited by Matt W; 04/01/2026 10:25 AM.