Originally Posted by Chriskal
Great report. Thank you. Anything else could tell me about the 403? Did you find it roomy enough even at just barely 40’?

I have one booked for later this summer. I don’t really want to upgrade to the 464 as (selfishly, I know) I want the owner’s cabin in the three stateroom layout. We will have 5 people total though and don’t want to feel to cramped. Any other insights into that particular vessel would be appreciated. Thanks!

One thing I forgot to mention was that the bow cushions were not what is pictured. It looks like the entire bow area (where the tramp would be on a sail cat) is covered in cushions. Nope. There was one on the port side of the little walk-through but essentially nothing else. They had another cushion on the bow but it didn't snap onto any of the existing snap/anchor points. I guess you just kind of arrange it where you want. We asked them for the proper ones but they said they didn't have anything else. Not a big deal for us as we like the flybridge and shade anyway but might be a concern if you were counting on that. I didn't see them on any other power cat either (casually looking). They did provide three bean bags (which we never used).

Another thing I forgot to mention (not related to the boat) was that the currents were so strong that it was quite difficult to swim off the boat. We had to tie a safety line to the boat and hang on to it while sitting in our floaties. I always had fins on so that I could more easily get anyone who floated away (and tow them back to the boat).

We found the size perfect. Coming from monohulls, the space inside the cat was luxurious. We had four but I don't really think five would make it uncomfortable (depending on how much togetherness you can tolerate of course - everyone is different). I was surprised by how rolly it was. I think we just had some bad luck with wind and waves in some places. Every once in a while, rouge waves would just come in - seemingly from nowhere. Stuff that we thought would be fine on a flat surface would launch itself onto the floor. Really strange.

Not sure what else to say about the boat. Aside from the issues I've already mentioned, it performed well and was easy to operate.