Jimp,

I'm still trying to figure this stuff out but here is what I think I know.

In early December I rented from Renport at the Sunsail/Moorings base. They had a $120 wifi for 7 days. I made a deal with them for $150 (the next plan up) for 10 days, so $15/day. I don't know which carrier Renport uses. My experience was that it worked in some anchorages and not in others.

Since I plan to do this more in the future I plan to buy an unlocked wifi modem and then get a sim card from Digicell or Lime (they both have stores in Roadtown near the round-a-bout). You might look at data plans on mrsimcard.com although it seems you pay a premium on their sim cards for the convience. I am thinking buying my own wifi router will be cheaper than Renport in the long run.

If "the guys" can get a GSM wifi modem from IT (Verison is not GSM) and someone wants to figure out how to unlock it you might save the price of the wifi modem, not that expensive to buy one though and I think you can do a hard reset on it so it will be locked to ATT again, as I understand it.

These are just my musings, I'm sure others can help out with more detailed information.

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!