Just for a fun discussion on a snowy day ...

What do you tell your crew to do if you go overboard, assuming you are the skipper and nobody else knows how to sail?

I was thinking of this because someone posted that they always wear a life jacket because they figure if they go overboard it might be a while before the crew figured out how to get to them.

My partner (who is good with boats and by now has a pretty good understanding of sailing) says he'd either:
a) turn into the wind and drop the sails and then come get me OR
b) turn into the wind, get in the dinghy and come get me

Since we always have other people on board, I think (b) could work. Ideally though, he'd stay with the yacht and send a less experienced crew member on the dinghy. Then he could put the sails down and come rescue us both, if needed. (By day 2, all of our crew knows how to operate the dinghy.) It makes me nervous though because now you have 3 independent bodies: you, the dingy and the yacht.

Ideally you would:

(c) practice man overboard with your crew until they understand wind direction and sails enough to be able to come back to get you without needing to jibe.

(I always go over man overboard but I don't usually stress what should happen if I go over ...)

So, if you too are wishing you were sailing instead of watching snow outside the window, what would you do? Or what do you do?