Hi. Welcome!!

You've gotten it a little wrong, as Royal Palm and Flamingo are related, not OBBR and Flamingo. But there really is not a big advantage to that, I don't think, so I'm not sure that makes any difference.

Royal Palm has almost all 2 BR units (a few 1 BR and a couple of 3 BR), but all units are full ocean view with a nice patio or balcony. The 2 BR units have a full kitchen, fridge with ice and water through the door, all recently refurbished in 'hotel' decor, not really island-looking, but granite counter tops in the kitchen and bath. All units have 2 bathrooms, one exclusive to the 'master' bedroom, and one which is accessible from the hallway and the 2nd bedroom. Only the master bedroom has an ocean view. The second bedroom does not have a view. RP has among the best locations on the island if you want to walk to bars and restaurants, as there are MANY bars and restaurants in easy walking distance. The beach isn't the best, as it is kind of a man made beach, but most people on SXM go to other beaches for the day, not at their 'home' resort anyway. RP is in the middle of everything, so if you want to be in the middle of everything, between those two choices, take RP in a heartbeat.

Many people like Oyster Pond, it is a lot quieter than Simpson Bay. To me, if you want to be able to walk to a lot of places to eat and drink, it's not a good location, although there are several places to eat and drink that are close to OBBR. There are a wide variety of 'views' available at OBBR, from ocean to marina to 'back of another building', so that would be a big factor to me, what kind of view you could get there. Otherwise, I don't know that much about the resort.

So, to me, if you want 'busy', pick Royal Palm. If you want 'quieter', pick OBBR.

Carol Hill