I had to do a little math to figure it out, but I think it was in 2004. We went in February to celebrate our anniversary, and stayed at Le Meridien in Anse Marcel. We spent nearly every day on the beach there, only finding Orient the day before we left. The next February we stayed at Cap Caribes, and spent every day at Waikiki, until the last day, when we discovered Kakao. Every evening during both of those trips, we had dinner in Grand Case, and being the foodie that I am, I was hooked.

We then decided that we should look into timeshare because we were paying almost $3,000 for a one week stay on the French side. We saw an ad for La Vista, "Timesharing Done Right: No Gifts, No Gimmicks", and decided to go talk to them. After spending about an hour with Caribbean Al, we purchased two weeks at La Vista Beach. A couple of years later they had a half price sale, and we were fortunate enough to get a third week in our same unit, so now we spend three glorious weeks in our ocean front unit. We love knowing exactly where we'll be staying, and not having to move once we check in.