windward2c said:
I am looking into one from Fajardo, PR although there are options from STT. SVI sounds like good fit for my family. I wont do charters on Holidays in BVI. I find it stressful to race to moorings in diff harbors to be shut out and have to scramble to another island/place. If the holding is good in the SVI and it is safe (had some interesting encounters in the Grenadines twice) I dont mind being quiet and remote. Tx for the help. TTOL rocks!

Sounds like you'll love the SVI's! Biggest issue I think is if you have a lot of crew and you don't have a watermaker there is no dock to get water, except Fajardo. We just conserve water when we're there (only two of us usually) and try to get a boat with large tanks but that's not an option for everyone. No one mentioned the Bio Bay (Mosquito Bay on the south side of Vieques) so I'll put a plug in for that.

As mentioned above the PR Navy probably won't be out in strength (Christmas and their economy) but I have a great deal of respect for them. Yeah they raft up and anchor backwards (for good reason) but they know what their doing and more often than not it's the husband, wife, some kids and grandma on board. They are usually asleep before we are.

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!