We are at Caliente Tampa now - since Sunday. Weather has been perfect. We are staying in a condo - no wireless and the Internet guy could not get the Internet connected on this 5 year old laptop. WiFi works fine here in the bar There is always someone here along with me in the morning.

There is a daily rate for membership in addition to the room rate. They only charge half if you are here 7 nights or more. I'd call it more than a nickel and diming amount for a couple. They could just as easily raise the room rate and include it but either way it is just part of the cost of staying here.

I haven't seen any coolers so I don't think you can bring your own food and drink to the pool. You can get ice water for free - they have a machine.

Actually overall I think the pricing is fair. I'm okay with it costing a little more. Caliente has more of a resort atmosphere than a RV atmosphere - and you have to pay more for that.

I have not seen any sign of swingers and although I am told they are still here the marketing lady who went overboard is gone and I understand the management has ensured no pdas. Caliente has not turned into a swingers place and I hope its reputation can be restored.

What it has turned into is a "clothing optional" and RCI time share resort. It has lots of people coming on the cheap 4 day vacation and having to meet one on one with a sales guy. I see this every morning as I sit at the barwith my laptop - not drinking. They meet at a table in the nightclub on the other side of the window. Sometimes there's three of them.

You can tell who they are. They frequently are not nudist. They may have been on vacation in the caribbean and had a nude experience. They don't seem uncomfortable with other people being nude but so far there seems to me to be a lot of dressed people for a nude resort. Last night was nude night in the restaurant and there were only two nude women - me and one other. One woman actually had a bathing suit on at dinner - a real rare sight at a nudist club.

You have to be nude in the pools and that is definitely the case. Almost everyone sitting at the pool is nude. But everywhere else you can see people dressed in shorts and tops.

It doesn't bother me. Caliente is beautiful and we enjoy being nude and being here. This may be the way you have to introduce a younger crowd to nudism too. If we don't do a better job of that nudism has a sad future.

But it does change the ambience of the place.

We are not interested in the nightclub but we really enjoy the piano bar. We were glad to see Tom Baptist is back - He is much better than the guy they had after him. Last night dinner in the restaurant was fine and then we enjoyed a drink at the Piano Bar. We could see the Karaoke in the nighclub and more than half the participants were fully dressed. I'd rather hear Tom sing.

I'd be interested in what others say about the time share thing going on here.

Last edited by Administrator; 06/03/2010 09:31 AM.

LoveLifeOver50