Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
mahokid 26
erb923 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
DanS
DanS
New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,494
Joined: November 2003
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
13 members (Brad_Va, REH, bostonbob, Good Boy Gus, pandpfromcanada, SkipperC, shieneehead, Colour1, 5 invisible), 402 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 111
B
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 111
Is there a regular car ferry service (with passengers traveling with car) between USVI and BVI? I know this exists between STT and St John, but I'm looking for STT - Tortola.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213
not to my knowledge, never saw one

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349
Likes: 3
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349
Likes: 3
No, only ships moving cars to a final destination


tpcook
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350
Not as any type of regular barge service - there are cars that are shipped here in STT that are enroute to the BVI as cargo - and I am pretty sure I could have a Customs Clearance business agent put together the documents required to either import a car from the BVI to STT or the other way around with a BVI agent.
No regular ferry service exists that easily transports vehicles between the 2 countries.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 770
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 770
Just curious why ado you ask?


Jim
Sailmoby II
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,148
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,148
there are barges that leave ST Thomas every week and travel to Port Purcell you can ship a car across on them but I highly doubt you'd be allowed or even want to travel with it.

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 111
B
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 111
Thanks for the responses. I didn't think there was a car ferry, but figured I'd ask. I'll be in Tortola for a couple of days prepping for an 8 week sail charter so instead of taxi, I'm going to rent a car in Tortola. However, my family is arriving into STT and I'm going to ferry over to them for a night to escort them back to Tortola and might want to pick up some things there before running back. So, having the same car in STT for a day/night would have made things easy - that's why I asked!

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,760
Likes: 15
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,760
Likes: 15
Even if transport were available it would likely have cost as much as just renting a jeep on STT not to mention the hassle.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 770
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 770
That was my thought exactly. Way cheaper to rent.


Jim
Sailmoby II

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5