I can't believe it's over already...[Linked Image]<br>Think I'll just hit a few points and not bore you with too many details....basically, we strolled each day to our beach chairs and sank. <br><br>They are opening the bridge at Simpson Bay 4 times a day and, of course, it was opening when we arrived. That was OK. When we got our car from Myra (AAA), we decided to drive to Orient by way of the Lowlands so that we could stop and check out the Citrus Cafe and Market. Wow. Lots of great food. We purchased some cheeses along with chicken and stuffed potatoes for dinner. The rest of the groceries we picked up at Match. Important Note: We get very confused at Match and will probably not go there again. Also, after checking in at CO, lots of folks that were leaving brought us paper towels, water, beer, etc. (leftovers!!!) We will probably wait a day or so before shopping next trip![Linked Image]<br><br>A few notes on Meals:<br><br>Sol E Luna not as good as in the past (I just couldn't take anyone else's word for it....don't get me wrong, it was nice. Especially since we shared it with Dick and Paula (YBryner)!!! <br><br>Our first time to try L'California was a very pleasant surprise! We read almost every menu on the street and chose it - we were not disappointed! Escargot appetiser, crusted Brie salad w/ bacon, Snapper w/ lime sauce, Lamb chops topped with goat cheese, 2 glasses of wine, coffee and water $80. And the service? Well, the garcon chased us down the street after we left to give us our credit card that we had accidently left !!!!!! <br>[Linked Image]<br><br>As I said on the 'Loterie Farm' thread, it is a real find too!!! Go read the menu there!!!!! Excellent.[Linked Image]<br><br>Joel/Vernon were PERFECT hosts at L'Escargot for lunch the day of Carnival. We stayed with them all day and love them and their food no matter what anyone says. (Carnival was GREAT by the way.)<br><br>Our first trip to L'Alabama was just OK.<br>Banana's was GREAT! Wish we coulda gotten back there!!!!<br>Lolo's, Turtle Pier, Lee's, Papaguayo, Kakao, Ric's Place, SSBB (others that I can't remember?) never change much and are safe bets.<br><br>And last, but CERTAINLY not least: Le'Perroquet!!! [Linked Image] Wonderful!!!!! and WHO should be sitting at the next table??!! Patty! What a joy it was to meet her!!!!! (Hi Patty, I have a picture I will send to you!) [Linked Image]<br><br>Weather: Everyone said it had been raining a lot...it stopped when we got there (thank goodness!) but the wind picked up on the 2nd and blew very hard for about 4 days. My skin was sandblasted, windburned and parched but I was a happy camper nonetheless [Linked Image]<br><br>Driving: They pass on hills. They pass on curves. They pass on yellow lines. They are maniac drivers. They take my breath away. But we adapt. Another Note: The road into Club O was closed for several days while they work on it!! Martin said they are raising it and it should make it alot better. It looks like they may be planning to move the gaurd house out to the road too??<br><br>We sailed with friends who live on their boat one day. We rented the Catamaran from Watersports one day.<br>We had TONS of old friends there and met lots of new ones. I got to sign "[Linked Image]John"'s TTOL t-shirt before I left. (Hi John & Toddy, nice to meetcha!)<br><br>I'm sure I'll think of a hundred other things after I post this........my brains are still on-island......it's always hard to leave but, as someone said when we were going, "You gotta leave to come back!"<br><br>and, of course, we will.<br>[Linked Image][Linked Image][img]/images/icons2/umbrella.gif[/img]