We have been back just over three weeks. And, right back into our jobs…. Meetings and flights to catch.

I am sitting at BNW and pretending my cocktail is a small green bottle or a fruity drink at the beach. Miss the island deeply.

I must say every time we visit the island we love it a little more. To recap from my mid trip report we were staying two weeks at the Simpson Bay Resort for two weeks in the Villas building. To start the resort is looking better each year. I think what I noticed the most was the level of service has been ramped up. The lobby now has an army of concierges that assist in just about everything. We are regulars so we did not really need their services, but you can tell they were very helpful to new visitors and also running into interference with check ins and check outs.

The resort is still under construction however it looks mostly complete. The new waterfront plaza was nearing completion along with the new Mexican restaurant. We avoided most of the activites planned by the resort but I think they are still trying to find a right mix to entertain and excite the guests. One activity was a beer drinking contest. Really?

Another thing I did notice is the resort bars, (Beach, Pools etc.) all seem to be managed by Royal resorts. I think it has truly improve the service or at least make it very consistent. Final note about SBR is that we did work with them and negotiated the two weeks we purchased years ago during a "fire sale" into points. We are pleased on our ongoing costs year to year and the flexibility of arriving really anytime we want.

Other highlights:
-Pinel - Spent a Monday afternoon at Karibuni. Its always a a little expensive but we enjoy the service and the food is excellent. Snorkeling is OK and mostly for beginners, so we just spent most of the time soaking up the sun and ordering a bucket or two ;-) of beers

- Snorkeling. The first week was rough all around he island so it was very disappointing. It cleared up the second week and there is actually EXCELLENT snorkeling right at SBR beach and about 50/100 yards off the point at the Flamingo hotel. A large "fish ball" school of sardines was there everyday along with a lurking Barracuda below. (Captured some great pictures and video. Reefs are also excellent compared to other beaches on the island, just be prepared to swim out a bit. For the first week the currents were strong and it made too much like work, but later on it was fantastic.

- Other sightings. Turtles spotted from our deck , eagle rays and a 5 foot barracuda lingering near the SBR dock/ladder. The swimmers were oblivious of the barracuda and I certainly did not bring it up ;-)

Dining
-Bon Apetit, Always enjoyable

- Shiv Shakti. (Bill Folly Road) - Don’t let the building or the staircase threaten you. Their Indian cuisine is legit. Never thought I could find an excellent curry on the island, (dumb assumption). However we ordered take out and each of us (3) just loved our dishes. Wife had a shrimp curry while I had a mutton curry. Fantastic and what truly makes them legitimate is they make there own pampadans. Most typical Indian bistros in the states, UK otherwise...don't. I was shocked and loved them

- So French. (Bill Folly road) - Fantastic Restaurant with effusive/quirky service. Can't explain it... but our server tony was fantastic and fun and we all had an excellent meal. We really enjoyed having a really quite nice French Bistro that was within walking distance of SBR. So we could all enjoy a bottle of wine, aperitif etc...and not worry abut the drive home. Thoroughly enjoyed it

- Made many meals on our own, chicken ribs and fish. Note although we visited the Marigot Market, we found the fish at the Grand Marche the freshest and the best quality.

Other good things.

- The secret Spot - Marigot Market. Great shirts and tops. Purchased a very nice T shirt for $20 and went back and bought a Polo from the discount bin. Apparently I has a flw. For the life of me, I cannot find it.

- Scuba Shop in Simpson bay. My wife's Scuba snorkel fell out of our snorkel bag at Pinel and it was lost.... We were able to find a suitable replacement at the scuba shop at very reasonable prices same as in the states)

That’s it for now. Back to work and SXM daydreaming….

Never walk onto a job site with empty hands. - Source Unknown