<br> We returned last night from our charter with TWY and want to share some things that really disappointed us. <br><br> We had "Arpeggio," the 45' cat which was fun. It's a great lay-out for 8 people and the trampoline is fantastic. Sailing was delightful and it was a great time...except for a few things at TWY. <br><br> Background: This was our second charter with TWY; the first was 2 years ago. At that time, we were really impressed with the booking, travel arrangements, service, boats, and the little marina. We have a different impression this time.<br><br> One little thing: I booked the charter back in Feb. Just prior to going, we sent 2 emails to the Gloucester office with questions...and never got responses. I know that I had the correct email address. Each time we had to follow-up with phone calls...but were disappointed that the emails weren't being answered. I think TWY could do better to stay in touch with clients. The first time I chartered, I got really good service. [note: Cora, who booked the travel arrangements, was very good at staying in contact and saved us $$]<br><br> Now here's the biggie...I'm generally easy to please but I'm very disappointed with the TWY marina. What's going on there??? While I really liked our boat, I'd be reluctant to charter again at TWY if the marina continues to have problems. I'm not talking about the dock staff...these guys really are hard workers...and pleasant.<br><br> We chartered Nov. 1-11. There were a lot of boats going out at the same time, so the staff was pretty stressed and worked hard to meet needs. The dock staff tried their best to help everyone...<br><br>Big problem: The water in the marina showers was just a "trickle" on Nov. 1 & 2 when we had our sleepaboard at the marina. The toilets worked at the marina; the sinks and showers had a trickle...then no water. There was water to the dock. We were told it was a problem with the island's water system. We just relaxed and didn't worry about it. We used the water on our boat and refilled before leaving on Nov. 2<br><br>-- Well, there was NO water in the marina's shower or sinks when we returned yesterday, Nov. 11. We would have welcomed that little trickle that had been there on Nov. 1...but the marina's showers and sinks weren't working; the toilets did work. We were really looking forward to getting a nice shower on land before flying home.-- Again there was water on the dock. The staff refilled one of our water tanks and told us to shower on the boat. We did...of course, it meant re-cleaning all our boat's shower areas...we had them cleaned and wiped down before returning to TWY.<br><br>**I would have thought that this water problem would have been corrected after 10 days. The manager seemed miffed that we'd complain about the lack of water in the showers... <br><br>A couple of other small problems:<br><br>* We had trouble getting the TWY base to response when we hailed them about a small problem on the boat, and again when returning the boat. [yes...we were within range] <br><br>** We had 2 propane tanks onboard. One tank ran out after 2 days of very light use. We had even inquired about the tanks before leaving and were told that they were full...<br>[Linked Image]<br><br> I read the other post about cleaning the bottom of the boats. We had a clean bottom on "Arpeggio." If anyone is chartering "Freebird"," make certain you ask about cleaning its bottom...it is growing some nice green stuff. I felt sad when I saw "Freebird" because she looked so pretty when we had her 2 yrs. ago.<br><br> I hope that TWY's will take a look at itself...and correct the problems. <br>