Day 4: brief morning shower. Sun came right out and had huge, bright, beautiful rainbow- could almost touch it. Fresh fruit, yogurt, toast with jam for breakfast. Shopped a little in maho area. Had haagen-daes mango and passion fruit ice cream. Explored Porto Cupecoy. Gorgeous little open-air centered marina area with shops and cafes. We gazed at the gorgeous yauhts and had mango and chocolate ice cream at the rendez-vous lounge which is open nonstop 8:30 am to 9:30 pm daily. They have ice cream, fresh pastries, dessert, sandwiches, etc. Late lunch at Ernest and Fidels, a nice café there with free wifi. I had a vegetarian arepa: a thin cornmeal crusted flatbread with roasted onions, squash, peppers, corn, herb-marinated tofu, arugala, and cottage cheese. John had Cuban spiced beef on whole wheat toasted wrap with red onion, cucumber, lettuce, and cheddar cheese. Each came with a salad. With 2 iced teas, bill was $34 including tip. Bingo at pool and happy hour cocktails with free snacks that you could make a light lunch of. They have some really good prizes- including jewelry, wine, free dinners, etc..I won a bottle of wine at raffle! Mr london presides over the bingo and makes it a lot of fun- especially when you are at a beautiful poolside in paradise with a cocktail in hand! Ate dinner at sapphire café. Tuesdays are rib night party: all you can eat dry-rubbed ribs, baked potato with crème frauch(sp) and chives, salad, and bread for $12- great! Had live music- he played the guitar and sang and was really good. Cocktails on balcony. Wonderful day!

Day 5: went to marigot market on marina royale. Loved this place- everyone should go. Bought a variety of spices and seasonings, a couple of island dresses, shirts, caps, and bags. Music playing, food, a fun atmosphere. Did some rum tastings at one stand- great French gentleman there. Stands with fresh fish, produce, etc. and they WILL bargain- so do it- you will get some deals! The worst part is the traffic congestion which worsens as the morning latens. Will definitely do this next trip here too.

We did the pub crawl with captain neil on the Celine this evening. I had one a buy one ticket get one free on the eric krantz sxm-info.com site a couple of months ago. They do new contest every 3 months or so and you can enter any 5 at one time. So do that- ordinary people like me do win! The cost is normally $75/ticket and worth it. There were only us and 2 other fun couples.We started out at skipjacks in Simpson bay for cocktails and appetizers- we had chicken wing and crab back. Onto Celine to sail with drinks. Next stop 3 palms for drinks and dinner- I had fish, mixed veggies, and rice. John had chicken breast, potatoe, and mixed veggies- tasty. Back onto Celine with cocktails. Next stop at barnicles for drinks and dessert of apple pie ala mode. All very good. Back onto celine for more drinks and return to skipjacks for end. The whole trip was 3 ½ hrs and a lot of fun! We took a cab there for $18 and $20 back to the resort for 2. Brief evening shower early and saw a beautiful rainbow over Simpson bay. Wonderful day!

[Linked Image]