I don’t usually post about the day to day happenings of my trip to SXM but at a little past the halfway point of my 2 week stay here I’m posting my opinion of restaurants and beaches as a kind of update. I’ll summarize.
Highlights: Shiv Shakti, Tutta Pasta, L’Estaminet (extreme highlight), Palm Beach, Anse Marcel. These were all first times at these places for us. Other highlights were, Karakter, Pinel, Top Carrot, IZI. These are all places we’ve been to many times and never disappoint. The weather has been another highlight.
Lowlights: The Boathouse. We’ve been going to the Boathouse every year since we’ve been coming to SXM. Tonight when we went inside there was a singer (who was actually quite good) who was singing with amplification that was unbearable. We asked the waiter several times to have the amp lowered. We told him that we were uncomfortable and that we would leave if it continued. We had ordered two portions of conch fritters as appetizers. To make a long story short, the noise level did not change. We ate the fritters, paid the bill and walked out. As a side note there were only 3 other tables in the place that had diners seated at them. We were disappointed with that restaurant last year as well but figured we would give them another chance since we had been going there so long. Oh well.