Took me a long time to find a few quiet minutes to type this up and post it but here goes...
We had the honor of an Anegada trip in mid March. 10 days on the island! It was a wonderfully perfect way to relax, soak up some sun and repair the spirit. We flew into SJU and chartered with FlyBVI direct to Anegada. Dean (DW Jeep rentals) was waiting for us at the airport and the rental went flawlessly. I preordered groceries from Bobby's and met them at the ferry dock our first night. Everything we ordered was there and quality was good.
Highlights of the trip were as follows:
Fishing with Danny on the flats
Fishing off the government pier in the evenings and watching the rays cruise by
Walking the beaches at Cow Wreck, Big Bamboo, and Flash of Beauty.
Most memorable dining experiences were lunch and dinner at Flash of Beauty (Monica's stewed conch was amazing), lunches and dinners at Big Bamboo (Sally is one of the most pleasant, fun, and efficient waitresses I've had the honor of meeting.) We also loved lunches at Cow Wreck. Belle's creole sauce is amazing as is her coconut pie (My son talked about it for a year after our visit last year.)
Our best meals were dinner and sunset at Pomato Point (we were the only people there) and their sister restaurant The Lobster Trap. Food was great. Particularly loved the snapper and grouper and the ribs.

We also had the opportunity to stay for a few nights at the Saturn Villa at The Big Bamboo. Aubrey really outdid himself on those villas and the staff seemed eager to please. They were clean, comfortable and well designed. The beds were very comfortable, the A/C worked well and was quiet, the kitchen nice and well equipped, the family room, complete with it Martha Stewart Living furniture was comfy, and the ceramic and glass tile in the bathroom was not what you usually find on Anegada. The raised back porch faces the beach and is perfect for sunning and reading if you don't want to be with the "crowds". I loved the fact that if you wanted to hang out on the beach and meet new friends, you could, and if you wanted quiet time but still be close to the water, the deck was waiting for you. I sooo wish we could have stayed longer. I was as relaxed as I've ever been.
I usually vacation in the BVI by bareboat but our situation this year didn't allow that. I love the island hopping and variety that chartering give, but 10 days in that villa would be very therapeutic.
Can't wait for the next trip.
I will try to post a link to the photos soon.

Paul

"Their freezin' up in Buffalo, stuck in their cars and I'm lying here 'neath the sun and the stars" ... JB