Day 5 Thursday, July 26nd -- Our fifth day on the island:

Our day started off much like any other. Me up before the crack of dawn, and Diana sleeping well past the rising of the sun. Well life is sweet and we are on vacation...

we received some additional news from back home today, about our vandalism. Aside from the mess, all is well, and there was no “real” damage. According to Jason, the police told him that several pools in the area had been hit. In one case the ‘little angels’ threw dirt in one of them.

My Son In Law did a yeoman's job on the pool and got it ship shape and back in service, as evidenced by the photos my daughter posted of the kids swimming.

Well, back to our adventures on the beautiful Island of St. Martin:

We skipped breakfast in the studio this morning in favor of some chocolate croissants from the little bakery in orient village.

[Linked Image]
SDC11719 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
SDC11718 by dfberns, on Flickr

With our of our gear in tow, and a large cup of coffee, began our daily trek through the muck on the north end of the beach. Daily I’ve seen the seaweed problem being dealt with, but it’s a never ending ordeal. We eventually made past the worst of the mess and was able to walk in the packed sand. That is so much kinder on my legs.

After we arrived and got our usual chairs on the beach, Diana discovered a huge blister on the tip of toe. We don’t have a clue where she got that at.

So our usual routine set in. Water, sun, drink, repeat.

We did do some snorkeling to day of the beach. Now Diana is not much deep water, and this was one of the few times she has donned a mask and snorkel, so we stayed in the shallows. Once she got the knack of breathing through through the snorkel, and learned to relax and just float on top of the water she had a good time, as did I.

Before we knew it it was time to head back to the studio to clean up and head out for dinner. We decide, upon the recommendations of the couple that we met earlier in the week to go to Oyster Pond and try the food at Captain Oliver’s. So after a shower, we were ready to head off, and out the door we went, down the hills of Mont Vernon to the lower parking lot. We get in the car, get it started and am about ready to take off, when I discover that my wallet is still tucked safely away in the safe at our studio. Damn, another trek back up those hills... So off I go to retrieve it. After a short delay, I’m back at the car, and off we go.

The drive over to Oyster Pond was not bad considering that this was our first time going there and that it was still light out, and I could see where I was going. After a short while, we arrived. Being new to the area we had no idea where to park, or how safe the area was, we just found a spot on the street walked a block or two to the Dingy Dock bar and grill.

Diana had the the Seafood Pasta dish, and I had a steak and potato.

[Linked Image]
_IGP0024 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
_IGP0025 by dfberns, on Flickr

The food was great and the prices were very good. So we enjoyed our dinner, each others company, and the sights of the marina.

[Linked Image]
_IGP0029 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
_IGP0030 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
_IGP0026 by dfberns, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
_IGP0023 by dfberns, on Flickr

The drive back to Mont Vernon, was somewhat nerve wracking. It was dark, traffic heavy, I me without a clue as to where I going. I thought I remembered all of the turns I needed to make to get back “home” but obviously I was mistaken, as we ended up in Phillipsburg instead. Oh well to make a long story short, we eventually made it home safe and sound. And so ends another day on our little piece of paradise.

Dave & Diana