Wednesday, August 1st -- Our eleventh day on the island:

Today, was beautiful day -- lots of sunshine, but windy. As has become our custom, during this stay we arose made coffee, and enjoyed it, and the welcomed sunshine on our balcony. After we had consumed the pot we packed up our supplies for the day, which consisted of the beach bag, beer, water, and a light lunch and began our trek down to the south end of the beach.

As has become our custom during this trip we stopped in Orient Village along the way and picked up our new breakfast staple -- chocolate croissants. Did I mention we like their chocolate croissants? Well we do!!

After securing our breakfast, we continued on down to Pedro’s and got our usual chairs for the day. The wind on the beach was really howling today, and we were “sandblasted” for most of our stay today. But it sure beat the rain of the previous days!!

We met Iain, and his wife on the beach today, and we had a short but pleasant conversation with them. We also met Peggy, from Peggy and Paul’s on the beach yesterday also. We don’t have time to take their cruise this trip, but we have already resolved to do so on our next trip.

Well by now I,m sure you know the drill. Swim, sun, sleep, drink, repeat as many times as necessary. It’s a tough job, but somebody needs to do it. So we volunteered.

There were two cruise ships in today, so there was a lot new faces on the beach. Diana and I first found St. Martin via cruise ship, and we always wonder, how many of the “shippies” we see during our visits to the island, will be coming back for an extended visit themselves.

Well only two more days before we head back to the reality, central Illinois, and family, and work. I don’t even want to think about that...

Good night from Mont Vernon.

Dave & Diana