I probably should have put this as a highlight! When driving into Grand Case to go to dinner at Le Tastevin we were just attempting to turn into the road leading there when all of a sudden a huge and I mean huge Bull is crossing the road. It was unbelievable and we just stared at it. It was just ambly along and came to within inches of walking into our car. And the darn thing was alone! Had a tag on it’s ear so it probably escaped from someone. <br>Dining: <br>We only had two disappointing meals…not bad in a month. I hate to say this but we really had a bad meal at Mary’s Boon…one Wednesday night. The veal was inedible. Paul is a coffee drinker with his meals and he had to argue with the waitress to get a cup of coffee. I was flabbergasted as I have never heard a bad thing about Mary’s Boon. Dicky was his gracious self when we mentioned this to him and he gave us a few things to kind of compensate for it. The other place was Le Perroquet and Thea very kindly took my meal off the check. Patty was not there at the time as Thea said she was sick. I was sorry to miss. I left her my card and I do hope that she is feeling better.<br><br>I am not going into detail about all the meals we ate. Suffice to say the best one we had was at Mario’s…I had Scallops with White Truffle Sauce and Mashed Potatoes with Crab (sounded strange, but was delicious) and Paul had Mussels for an appetizer and Tuna, not sure what else. Best meal of the month. <br>Other places:<br>Le Gallion – was kind of disappointed there, not as good as last time and service was poor.<br>BDLG – pretty good pizza.<br>Mark’s – Paul loves their Conch Stew!<br>Tropicana – great to see Chris again and if you want a long, long French lunch that’s the place to go!<br>Hot Tomatoes – ate there twice. I thought the pizza was great!<br>Le California – ate there twice also. Be careful when paying by credit card. We were told that it was $1 for 1E and we could add the tip to the check BEFORE the charge was rung up on card. Ended up being charge $146.00 for just about same meal we had there the week before for $100 or a little less. <br>BDLG on Marina – pretty good pizza and Paul loved his Calamari steak!<br>Tutta Pasta – wouldn’t be a trip to SXM without eating there and seeing Warren, Leon and Patricia again. Good food, very reasonable prices. They had not yet started to take Credit Cards.<br>Spiga – what a great place! Lara is a lovely hostess and the food was wonderful.<br>Shiv Sagar – good Indian food.<br>The Bridge – a big disappointment. Read on this board that it was comparable to Mario’s but cheaper. Only thing comparable to Mario’s is the location. It is a pretty place but food was just so so and service was poor.<br>St. Severin – I’ve always loved their Snapper in Lime Sauce and it was just as good this time around. Paul had the Mussels and Frites. <br>Greenhouse – first time in a long time we stopped there. Had a good lunch and will go back.<br>Mr. Busby – Daniel wasn’t around when we were there but had a nice lunch.<br>Ms. B’s – still the best ribs!<br>Bistro Caraiabes – wonderful meal and it was nice talking with Thibeault about Contessa!!!<br>Main de la Pate – another good meal on the Marina.<br>Le Tastevin – fantastic meal as usual and the best Profiteroles on the island!<br>Da Livio’s – this is the first place we ever had a meal on our first trip to the island 18 years ago and we have been going back again and again. Everett is a wonderful gentleman. Daniel is not there very often anymore.<br>Did some cooking in the villa and Paul grilled steaks a few times. <br><br>Oh I almost forgot…people have mentioned about Texas BBQ Pit being closed, it re-opened last week.<br>All in all it was a great but quiet trip. <br><br><br><br><br><br> <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Annie

[Linked Image]