Here is a quick trip report from last week. I hope this info helps some of you out.

This was our yearly trip since 2001. We have usually gone for New Year’s but this was our second trip during Cat Fight / Halloween weekend. We also like to charter the Lagoon 440 from BVI Yacht charters, but this time we tried the Mooring 474 PC. Happy Hours from Dallas TX.
We got in Saturday the 20th with no problem on AA flight. A few people from my crew had their flight cancelled and had to do private charters. My first time at Mooring and you could really see why you pay more. The service there was very good and fast. They seem to have a lot of people assisting you on whatever was needed. Here is what we did:

Ps. Our power Cat had the green & red laser lights on it

-10.20. Saturday. We stayed on board in the Mooring Marina

-10.21. Sunday. We took of around noon and went to Scrub Island Resort. It wasn’t that crowded. Lunch was really good at the pool area. Plenty of things to do. People that wanted to watch football or baseball did that, people used the pool and the small beach. Because we were docked, we had access to the water toys (kayaks, paddle boards etc.). I think the dock for the night was $100. There was a woman that walked around a few times and asked us if everything was ok. We were very happy with that stop and we would go back. A couple more people from our crew flew in that day and it was a very easy meeting point for them. They took the free Scrub shuttle and they even got a free drink when they landed.

-10.22. Monday. Quick 45 minute drive to the Bath. We kept the RPM’s at 2000 and the boat did between 9-10 knots. We had a couple of newbies so we took them for the little hike and snorkel around the baths.
Afterwards we headed for the Bitter End, one of our favorite places. We easily docked the boat and were greeted by the staff. Some used the showers , some used the paddle board that we had rented and some went to use the pool. Our dinghy had some engine trouble and the Mooring sent their North Sound technician to repair it. We had a nice lunch at the Pub. We love the food there. Later that night we went to Saba Rock. I am not a big fan of this place. I personally didn’t like the food and it was very expensive. After dinner we went back to the Bitter End Pub where they had a good DJ playing music and played foosball and pool. Great time.

-10.23. Tuesday. Around 8 am we took off for Anegada. Door to door was about 1:45 minutes. The seas were average and it was an OK ride. This was my 3rd time here. We followed the directions and had no trouble picking up a ball. We heard that the only place servicing breakfast was Neptune’s. The lady there was super nice and the food was fantastic. It was the best breakfast place that we saw all week. She had made fresh banana bread, cinnamon rolls. After breakfast she even gave us towels to take to the beach. We had been at Cow Wreck before but some people had never been to loblolly bay, so that’s where we went. We had a nice few hours there and at around 3 we headed back to the boat. Got the engines started and headed back for the Bitter End dock. Easy ride back and we docked right next to Branson’s Cat. People jumped back in the pool, used the showers and for dinner we did the Bitter End Buffet. They also had a small band performing. It was super nice. We always try to hit the Bitter End for one of their buffets.

-12.24. Wednesday, we took around 8 am again. Because the sun sets on the early side, we made it a habit on taking off around 8 every day. We stopped and at Peter Island, Deadman’s Bay. Dropped anchor and spent a few hours there on their really nice beach. Afterwards we went to the Norman island caves and in to the Bight. The Bight was closed, so we parked close to the Willy T’s. BBQ on the boat and went over to Willy’s for a lot of drinks. Great time there.

-12.25. Thursday. We headed for Soper Hole, where went to the local coffee shop for breakfast, we went to the supermarket there to reload on a few things and cleared customs ( only $1) to go to St. John. Quick Ride to Caneel Bay and picked up a mooring ball. We love going here. It’s not far, not crowded and the beaches are beautiful. Some people wanted to go to trunk bay, so they dinghied to Cruz Bay and took a taxi. Trunk bay was the crowdest beach we saw all week. The corals were really nice, but we didn’t see much fish. I thought it was a lot of work to get there. We only went because a couple on our crew wanted to check it out. We had put off the Costumes check in process and when we got back on the boat to get our passports, we decided to just take off and go to Jost Van Dyke. Being on a powercat, this was a very quick ride. We picked up a ball on White Bay and spent the night there. We stayed on White Bay, because one of our guys really likes it there at night. Personally there was nothing to do there at night at night. I would have much preferred to stay on Great Harbor.

12.26. Friday. We went to Great Harbor to clear Customs and went back to White Bay , Soggy Dollar to spend the day. Great time there, eating and drinking. It was a bit cloudy but it cleared up. that was the worst weather we had through the whole week. In the afternoon, we went back to Great Harbor. All the balls were taken so we just dropped anchor on the shallow part in front of the Police Station. We had no problem there. This year, we thought there were a lot more boats than last year at this time. Went to Foxy’s for a few drinks. Foxy wasn’t there. We were told he was in Australia on his boat. Hmm, he must have some big boat to take all the way over there?!

12.27. Saturday. We went over to Sandy Cay and relaxed for a bit. Enjoyed watched the Cat Fight and my local here from Greenwich, Dirk and his Catatonic Crew. Back to Great Harbor. Went to Foxy’s for dinner. $28 for their buffet which was very good. We did meet with Adam from St Marteen there. He was one of the Cat Fight Winners. Our Crew was dressed up for the Halloween party as Greek Gods. Our crew won last year dressed as sailors, but the competition was very stiff this year.

12.28.Sunday. We got up early at about 6 am. It sounded a bit early but we got to the Moorings Fuel dock at 7:45, first in line to re fuel. Seeing the fuel bill for a powercat was a sticker shock. $1740. This was a very expansive trip, but we all split it and made things a bit easier. It was expensive, but it was good. No trouble with returning the boat, quick shower and 9:30 taxi to the airport. A couple of guys took the ferry to St. Thomas which apparently lost steering and had to be towed. Everyone made their connections, and I was on the last flight out of SJU to JFK. This was the 2:15 flight. The 5pm flight was cancelled due to the storm in NY. We landed and had no trouble.

Another great trip. I hope this info helps some of you. Looking forward to booking another trip soon.

cheers