Thought I better get to this before the memory goes completely.<br>We turned the boat in on Sunday morning 6/8 and took Maryann and Jeff to the airport. Had some directions from Denzil Clyne but still had no real confidence that we'd find Coconut Pt. that easily. Did our first trek over Zion Hill Rd and stopped at Sebastian's to find Uschi. Di panicked on the switchbacks but later actually got used to them. Uschi was waiting for us and guided us up the road to our new home for 4 nights. The Orchid Suite was just wonderful: king bed, a/c, full kitchen, cable tv and an enormous bath with a jacuzzi tub and bidet. The bidet brought back memories of my first sight of one in Venice back in the 60s. My friend and I used it for a wine cooler and had no clue what it was!! <br>There was a message from Tortola Lola about the bbq at the Elm but we were pretty well pooped from the packing off the boat and running all over Tortola and decided for a quiet night and dinner at Sebastian's. Hadn't eaten there in several years and it was very nice.<br>Di chose to sit by the pool and read on Monday.. basically chill out.. and I took off for Road Town to forage information from various charter companies. Spent some time at Nanny Cay and visited Virgin Traders, Horizon, the Catamaran Co. but passed on North/South. Got a very nice reception from everyone. Boarded a 52' power cat at Virgin Traders. Really fascinating boat, fast and powerful and pretty plush inside but quite expensive when you consider there are accommodations for two couples.. maybe a couple kids.<br>Stopped at the Moorings but no one was too interested in telling me much. They essentially referred me to their web site. TMM was the most friendly and spent a good bit of time talking to Penny. She told me to check the Privilege 435, "Jeanius" and I found Misha aboard with two men who would take her out the next day. Fell in love with the boat immediately. Ended up on her for over an hour talking to her charterers from San Diego, who were new to the BVI, and discussed where to go, what to do.. all the first timer stuff. Vowed to find out more about chartering Jeanius.<br>It being Whit Munday, not much else was open. Called the BVI Chop house for reservations and left a message for Connie (periwinkle) & Lance. They were in the dining room when we arrived and had a great dinner and a wonderful time with them before they left.<br>Tuesday was a shopping day. Drove into Road Town and spent a half hour trying to figure out how to get to Main St. and the shops. Finally managed to get at the right end of it (one-way) and hit Sunny Carribee, Latitude 18 and a few other small shops. Found nice clothes at Latitude 18 and have my first BVI Royal Yacht Club golf shirt. Di bought a few dresses and made quick friends with the store owner. Had lunch at Pussers Road Town and are now hooked on their conch chowder. That night we decided to cruise various restaurants for appetizers and drinks, then end up at Quito's. Hit JR first just as Lou & Kay were leaving to join friends for dinner at Road Town. The amazing tuna appetizer we enjoyed 13 days earlier wasn't on the menu but Lou arranged it with the chef. It was a modest serving the first time but tonight he really loaded us up and we were stuffed by the time we finished that. Just had more drinks and off to CGB to find Quito. He usually plays solo on Tuesday & Thursday but tonight he wasn't there so we had a few drinks, chatted with some other tourists and returned to Coconut Pt. <br>Wednesday was just a limin day and we wandered up to CGB again, had a couple drinks at Club Paradise and Di adjourned back to the pool with a book while I went riding around aimlessly enjoying the last day there. Made reservations with Davide and off to find Brandywine that evening. We arrive and are immediately greeted by a smiling Davide whom we feel like we've known for years.. although this is our first time. The setting is just beautiful and we're seemingly the only ones there. Davide takes us to the patio for drinks and we find another couple out there. After a few table to table greetings, we invite them to sit with us and then later the four of us dined together. Danny & Lisa are from TX and in marketing.. yikes.. what I had done for over 25 years. Had lots to talk about and many more drinks. Dinner was beyond amazing and we vowed to eat there more than once on our next trip. After dinner Cele bid us good night and Davide joined us on the patio for some complimentary after dinner drinks. I stuck with Grand Marnier, Di with Frangelica but everyone else had Grappa!! Tasted it but refrained.. I'm driving!! Already had enough martinis. Had no idea how late it was getting to be but Danny pays his cab driver and sends him away. We'll give them a ride back to Long Bay. Actually made it ok and got to see Long Bay for the first time, although it was night.<br>Thursday is pack up and start moving toward the ferry dock. Got the 12:30 ferry to STT and then to the airport. Everything was on time and it was just a quiet long trip home full of great memories and reading charter brochures on the plane.. plotting 2004.[Linked Image]

Bill Hartzman
706-495-1435
Email]billhartzman@gmail.com[/Email]