Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,032
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 30
mahokid 30
erb923 27
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Posts: 979
Joined: May 2011
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
17 members (CaroleS, 2tannedfannies, Buddyhog, Manpot, Rumlover, DavidMartha, Jimgraham, StMartinFan, RickinAtlanta, 8 invisible), 421 guests, and 113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#215171 01/22/2020 06:04 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 90
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 90
Looking for some advice!

I just discovered something upsetting. Since I have been sailing (1972 got my first sunfish), I have been told that Joy Dish washing soap was good for the environment. Honestly I just never questioned it or even researched it until now. Come to find out, it's not what I thought it was.

I have many times, soaped up, jumped off the sugarscoops, rinsed with a freshwater washdown and was good to go. Now what am I going to do?

Does anyone have a replacement that you use? And does Riteway carry it?

Thanks,
Matt


I spent all my money on "Boats", "Broads", and "Booze"; the rest I wasted!

[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
S
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
Originally Posted by mriley4955
Looking for some advice!

I just discovered something upsetting. Since I have been sailing (1972 got my first sunfish), I have been told that Joy Dish washing soap was good for the environment. Honestly I just never questioned it or even researched it until now. Come to find out, it's not what I thought it was.

I have many times, soaped up, jumped off the sugarscoops, rinsed with a freshwater washdown and was good to go. Now what am I going to do?

Does anyone have a replacement that you use? And does Riteway carry it?

Thanks,
Matt


Don’t get excited, all household detergents in the USA are biodegradable and have been for the last fifty years or so.
Joy dishwasher is still available in the VI along with Dawn which also works with salt water


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5