Member Spotlight
beachy
beachy
CT. USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
36 registered members (Compskier, SXMScubaman, camview, lcote, RatmansWife, Kennys, EdB, BSer, Kevin_B, biminis, jazzgal, SeeDiver, foreversxm, davidandsusannj, Reid, MKGrey, D_Pollack, ericlut, boucharda, Swifty, Eva, Midsouth, Manpot, xrayman67, steve74, 11 invisible), 747 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Virgin Beer. #220203
03/10/2020 03:16 PM
03/10/2020 03:16 PM
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Manpot Online crying OP
Traveler
Manpot  Online Crying OP
Traveler
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Many years ago my friend and I came up with the idea for " Virgin Beer". We checked it out and discovered the name was not owned by anybody and we registered it. We were looking to see about a Tortola brewery and in the meantime we came up with T Shirts" British Virgin Beer.."You'll Never Forget Your first Virgin". We sold quite a few through "Myett's" and other places. This got the attention of Branson's people who claimed they owned " everything virgin". We pointed out they didnt own The Virgin Islands, The Virgin Mary, Virgin Olive Oil...or British Virgin Beer. It took them many years but they suddenly "acquired" our trademark overnight and even boasted about it online. Trying to sue the mighty Branson was out of our budget..but now..low and behold Branson..we just call him Sir Dick..is running a contest to name a "Virgin Beer" to sell on his new cruise line ( yeh..good time to launch a new cruise line). We have wondered why..if he truly owns our moniker ..why he is looking for a new name..and asked him to please return our rights to us if he isnt going to use it!. Pretty funny how things go round..Maybe he wants to use "Corona" but thought that might not be a good name for a cruise line beer!

Last edited by Manpot; 03/10/2020 03:19 PM.
BVI Sponsors
Re: Virgin Beer. [Re: Manpot] #220240
03/10/2020 06:45 PM
03/10/2020 06:45 PM
marisol Offline
Traveler
marisol  Offline
Traveler
Thank you Manpot. With all the stress and unknowns in the world right now, your post made my day. So sorry to hear that you had to loose your branding. I totally understand how difficult it is to go up against a wealthy entity. Good for you getting the story out. Wishing you all the best.