Member Spotlight
BGH
BGH
Oshawa
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Oceanwaves22, redroses27
Who's Online Now
38 registered members (Call_me_Ishmael, Sunfun, MrEZgoin, RickBlaine, MikeBiondo, lbksxm, GaryC, DEL, Manpot, xrayman67, BillDauterive, GeorgeC1, KirkB, ChiTownHarry, Kennys, SarahJane, Jeannius, EdB, Billtjw, bailau, Matt W, deliveryskipper, Don_and_Linda, timnboston, SeeDiver, charlie, mscottc, Deepcut, Tom, luvtotravel, 8 invisible), 1,013 guests, and 126 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
SXM trip Dec 12 #240635
11/24/2020 09:28 AM
11/24/2020 09:28 AM
Boxford, MA
C
Carialle Offline OP
Traveler
Carialle  Offline OP
Traveler
C
Boxford, MA
I have been saying for awhile now we are 'tentatively' planning to go to St. Martin this December trying to prepare myself for all the eventualities where it might not happen. My mother-in-law shares a timeshare with us and this would normally be her year, but she is not going. We're slightly north of Boston and testing is available and improving, so I've been watching with interest the posts on the adjustments to the entry requirements from 3 days before to 5 days before and now some rapid tests being accepted potentially. We're excited for the vacation with a healthy dose of apprehension.

We stay at La Vista in Simpson Bay and rent a car from Lesley (speaking of I need to set up my rezy!), we've been coming for a number of years and were married on Saba in 2013.

I've been trying to make a list of my fav restaurants/places I've seen folks comment as open, but please let me know what I've missed and you recommend. What I have so far is Lee's Roadside (usually our first and last meal every trip), Moulin Fou (love French food), Karakters (usually spend a day here each trip), Isola, Vesna Taverna (never been there but sounds lovely), JAX. Does anyone know if La Cigale, La Sucriere or that Anse Marcel beach restaurant is open? I am sure there are others I am missing to think of but just curious to hear any new recommendations as well that you know are open! We did our first trip to Orient last trip and did some parasailing on the north end which was a blast, but might go back there for a day since I hear you all talk so much about it.

Thanks to all for all the advice over the years!

SXM Sponsors
Re: SXM trip Dec 12 [Re: Carialle] #240639
11/24/2020 09:36 AM
11/24/2020 09:36 AM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
If you have never been to Mark's Place, I would suggest it for a meal.

J.D.