Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,039
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
mahokid 30
RonDon 30
erb923 27
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Posts: 152
Joined: August 2007
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
12 members (2Travelers, Jim_Laraine, Lady Di, caribmichael, WCHam, SXMScubaman, ggffrr11, DanS, 4 invisible), 433 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#247857 02/18/2021 05:26 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 110
1
1mjk Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
1
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 110
Has anyone cancelled a charter recently with Catco and had any issues getting their deposit back? I had cancelled a charter back in the beginning of December and have had one heck of a time getting my deposit back.

BVI Sponsors
.
1mjk #247858 02/18/2021 06:23 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Did you comply with the terms of the contract? I suspect most companies are only granting credits for future charters since the BVI is technically open.
G

GeorgeC1 #247865 02/18/2021 10:10 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 110
1
1mjk Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
1
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 110
I followed them to a tee! I was emailed a picture of my refund check 5 weeks ago and told "check was in the mail", no check came. Now I am having to pay check cancelation fee and asking to have it sent via UPS on my UPS acct. We will see what happens. Just curious to see if others have had any problems.

1mjk #247869 02/19/2021 08:52 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
I will say that the USPS has been horrible. I had several small aircraft parts ordered mid Nov that did not arrive until late Dec.
G

1mjk #247879 02/19/2021 11:01 AM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
H
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
I've no experience with Catco, but USPS has done a great job losing things over the last 6 months. We've had several checks lost or delayed including one sent via certified that took 4 months. I've also sent mail to Tortola that never arrived.
H

1mjk #247893 02/19/2021 01:06 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Given USPS performance recently I would give the benefit of the doubt to CatCo.

1mjk #247919 02/19/2021 07:10 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
S
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
Originally Posted by 1mjk
I followed them to a tee! I was emailed a picture of my refund check 5 weeks ago and told "check was in the mail", no check came. Now I am having to pay check cancelation fee and asking to have it sent via UPS on my UPS acct. We will see what happens. Just curious to see if others have had any problems.

Try contacting them and see if they’ll cancel the check and make a direct deposit to your account.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5