I’m hoping there’s someone on this forum that is a pilot, pilots drones or knowledgeable about the airspace who could lead me to the definitive answers I need concerning drones and the airspace on the French side of the island. I’ve searched and searched and searched French laws but there seems to be many ambiguities.

I have a Pilot Certificate for Advanced Operations in Canada which means diddly squat outside our borders. I take the laws very seriously and always check my airspace, NOTAMs and surroundings. I’m very respectful with privacy even when doing Real Estate shoots within city limits.

France adopts the EU Drone Regulations and there are different rules for above and below 250g drones, like most countries. I have both above and below 250g. It looks to be impossible for me to legally fly on the French side with my larger drones because I can’t register it without being a resident. Now, with my <250g drone, the law states that you don’t need to register it UNLESS it has sensors to collect personal data (camera, microphone etc) BUT if it’s except under the EU Toys Directive, I could fly it. A quick search led me to a Declaration of Conformity for my smaller drone to the EU but I’m not sure if that’s an exemption.

Also, all I could find was “keep distance from airports” concerning airspace around aerodromes. The laws are very strict in Canada around busy aerodromes unless it’s a sub 250 drone.

I’m also aware about the stringent laws about privacy. We stay close to Happy Bay and it’ll have to be early, early morning flights. rofl

Any help from those with knowledge would be greatly appreciated! I attached the most succinct regulations that I could find.

Attached Files BBC6940C-CB00-4D91-A5B9-8951E2D52B67.jpeg