Top Posters(30 Days)
RonDon 115
pat 42
jazzgal 40
Todd 39
Member Spotlight
jmbcomms
jmbcomms
New England (home), St. Maarten (many weeks each year) and California (where my daughter is)
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
LONGISLANDSHARON, Sca2la
Who's Online Now
51 registered members (bostonbob, SXMScubaman, MKGrey, Kennys, pbd007, Whale Tail, patentshark, lcote, boucharda, tmsxmsails, xrayman67, sailingbob, JohnB, vetteguy, BHK, mark37, Zanshin, 706jim, Fitzhughlaw, Kiles41, duckfat, sugarae, JerseyPal, socamon, CaribbeanCanadians, jazzgal, ColoBoater, IWIWSE, LINNY, steve74, magpie, bailau, VirginGordaResident, RickBlaine, Halcyon, nevar37, Snorkeller, George1234, marybeth, 12 invisible), 1,083 guests, and 61 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
American requirement #265503
10/10/2021 06:02 PM
10/10/2021 06:02 PM
NLR AR, USA
Galeaux Offline OP
Traveler
Galeaux  Offline OP
Traveler
NLR AR, USA
Some of our crew flying American are seeing that the Puerto Rico portal is required. There is nothing on their site that says anything about NOT having to do it if you are not leaving the airport. I tried to fill it out, but you have to select where you are staying and you can’t go any further. Any thoughts on how to satisfy the American checkin agents?

Last edited by Galeaux; 10/10/2021 06:02 PM.

Melissa & Doug

"If you really wanna know where you can find me, I'll be unwinding, Down in the islands, down in the islands" Zac Brown Band
BVI Sponsors
Re: American requirement [Re: Galeaux] #265528
10/11/2021 08:27 AM
10/11/2021 08:27 AM
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
JasonHelmbrecht Offline
Traveler
JasonHelmbrecht  Offline
Traveler
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
Early on, one of the airlines here forced people to fill it out. They were instructed to pick the airport hotel. It also won't let you choose a same day departure, so pick the next day.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com
Re: American requirement [Re: Galeaux] #265543
10/11/2021 11:11 AM
10/11/2021 11:11 AM
Fort Myers, FL
paw Offline
Traveler
paw  Offline
Traveler
Fort Myers, FL
I'll be connecting through SJU to EIS as well. (Nov 5 and Nov 14). I sent an email asking that same question to the email address on the Puerto Rico gov't website that gives the COVID requirement info. I'll post if I hear back.
Am I to assume that we'd need to be tested 72 hours prior to arrival in SJU?

Paul

"Their freezin' up in Buffalo, stuck in their cars and I'm lying here 'neath the sun and the stars" ... JB
Re: American requirement [Re: paw] #265544
10/11/2021 11:29 AM
10/11/2021 11:29 AM
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
JasonHelmbrecht Offline
Traveler
JasonHelmbrecht  Offline
Traveler
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
Originally Posted by paw
I'll be connecting through SJU to EIS as well. (Nov 5 and Nov 14). I sent an email asking that same question to the email address on the Puerto Rico gov't website that gives the COVID requirement info. I'll post if I hear back.

Vaccinated travelers flying from the US to PR, there is no test required.

Last edited by JasonHelmbrecht; 10/11/2021 11:35 AM.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
Re: American requirement [Re: JasonHelmbrecht] #265593
10/11/2021 09:21 PM
10/11/2021 09:21 PM
Fort Myers, FL
paw Offline
Traveler
paw  Offline
Traveler
Fort Myers, FL
Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by paw

It's not the trip down I'm concerned about but rather the return - EIS - SJU - FLL.
I'm thinking we'd need a negative test to return through SJU even if we're just passing through. I believe International travelers need a negative test to return to the US, vaccinated or not. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm guessing that's where the BinaxNOW comes into play.

Paul

"Their freezin' up in Buffalo, stuck in their cars and I'm lying here 'neath the sun and the stars" ... JB
Re: American requirement [Re: paw] #265605
10/12/2021 01:02 AM
10/12/2021 01:02 AM
San Antonio, TX
TreetopFlyer Offline
Traveler
TreetopFlyer  Offline
Traveler
San Antonio, TX
You’re exactly right. You need a negative test to return even if you’re just passing thru SJU. The check in agent for your flight out of EIS will ask for the negative result.

We were moored in Diamond Cay, and did the proctored BinaxNOW test via Emed. 15 minutes later we had the results downloaded to our NAVICA app. Showed that to the check in agent and all was well!

Just be sure you have a registered login with Navica for each individual prior to leaving the states. It was our understanding that is necessary, but not totally sure about that. Easy to do regardless.

Tom

It's not the trip down I'm concerned about but rather the return - EIS - SJU - FLL.
I'm thinking we'd need a negative test to return through SJU even if we're just passing through. I believe International travelers need a negative test to return to the US, vaccinated or not. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm guessing that's where the BinaxNOW comes into play.[/quote]

Tom C.
Re: American requirement [Re: paw] #265612
10/12/2021 08:07 AM
10/12/2021 08:07 AM
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
JasonHelmbrecht Offline
Traveler
JasonHelmbrecht  Offline
Traveler
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
Originally Posted by paw
Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by paw

I'm guessing that's where the BinaxNOW comes into play.

PR doesn't actually care and will not ask for the results. The agent in the BVI will ask and then you're done with the results.

I was able to install the app and register from the BVI but it can't hurt to do it before you come down.

Have your connecting information available to show the National Guard. That will eliminate the need for the PR portal.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay