Do not know where to begin. We have been to L'Hoste 5 or 6 times in the last few years. Never used any of the sponsors on this board, since I didn't know about this until a few months ago. I cannot begin to thank everyone for their remarks. We left on AA FF seats from Boston to Puerto Rico. 7:00 a.m. flight left a couple of minutes early, landed in PR much earlier than expected. So much so, that my husband took a paper and went outside to get the sun, as I opted to stay in and rest, since we were at the airport so early. Couldn't sleep, jumping out of our skin! No problems at all with checking in. PR to SXM was a quick flight. Plane did not have much more than a few seats filled. Customs took a second, nobody in line. The shock was, we had never used AAA. We thought much too easy to get here, something has to go wrong. What a surprise when we saw our names up on the stick! Young lady from Jamaicca hugged us and off we went. Myra had paperwork ready and a new 2004 Toyota Corolla, not white, but silver gray! We always used Hertz and never had a problem, just wanted to try something from this board. Then on to Royal Palm to pick up phone from Sharon. She was not on the island, but had someone come right over and had all the paperwork, while we were having a bite at the deli in the plaza. Again, we always bought the phone card and used the pay phones. This phone was perfect, worked great on the french and ductch sides, no matter where we were! Then, to L'Hoste. What a breeze, my husband had energy and went to the pool, I opted for a stoll next door, to see what has been built since December. Shower and out at night. I will not give you details of every meal. We had our fill of rack of lamb, duck, goat cheese, chicken, pasta, caeasar salads, chocolate desserts, cream brulee, and on and on! Restaurants we ate at were: Il Nettuno, Spigas, L'Escapade, SolELuna, Mario's Bistro, Bistro Caribes,
L'Auberge Gourmande, Tropicana, RepaireduPirate, and LeTaitu.
Had many lunches at Bikini and LaPlaya, also at Tap 5. Had many beautiful sunset drinks at Grand Case Beach Club. Never had a chance to meet Cheryl or Andy. Every time we walked to Baywatch they were not in. Boo Hoo. Had a chance to meet Deepti, who was absolutely an angel. Although I did not buy anything, she could not have been any nicer. My choice is Artistic Jewelers for David Yurman! The weather was a bit overcast when we arrived, but didn't stop us from sitting on the beach. Then each day after, was a 10+. Beautiful blue skies, windy, but loved it. Spoke to many people at Grand Case Beach Club that came to our beach, because they said there was no breeze at all. We had the mob of cruise ship people walking around, but other than that, loved this time of year. We walked into every restaurant and never made a reservation. Ended up with waterfront tables at all of them. Tried a few of the restaurants that were sponsors, and will add them to our list of favorites. Every single meal, every person we talked to was just perfect. A very boring report, 10 days of pure heaven. When we brought the car back to Myrna, I thought I would burst out crying. It was truly one of our best times down there. Again, thank you to all who have written such wonderful comments on this board.