2014 St. Martin April 4-14

Friday April 4…We got up at 3:00 to begin our vacation in St. Martin. We drove to lambert and boarded the plane for Miami. We left Miami and arrived in sxm about 2:45. Triple a picked us up and took us to get our rental car. We got a Nissan...bigger than the usual compact but in worse condition and the inside smelled like cat pee. Yuck! The new causeway to the French side is amazing! We got to club orient, checked in and then went to simply to get groceries. We got everything put away and went to papaguyos for dinner at 6 with the Gordon’s. Steve and I shared chicken cordon blue, salad and crab cake and a bottle of Chardonnay. 92 euros We were in bed by nine. Black

Saturday April 5…I woke up at four and played on my I pad until Steve got up. We took pictures. Then Steve constructed his bird feeder. My cat grey showed up for breakfast. We had cereal on the lanai. We had cheeseburger at papaguyos for lunch with the Gordon's. We went to papaguyos with the Gordon’s for dinner. Steve and I shared mussels and lobster and we got our two free glasses of wine. 50 euros Silver

Sunday….We got up at 6...took pictures. We had breakfast and lunch on the lanai. The weather was beautiful today. We went to Le piment in Orient Village with the Slades for dinner. I had fois gras…it was amazing! It was a wonderful evening. Aqua

Monday…We got up at 6 took pictures, had breakfast, lunch and had spaghetti dinner at the Gordon’s. Pink

Tuesday April 8 our 42nd Anniversary…We got up at 6, took pictures, and had a cheeseburger for lunch at papaguyos with Ralph and Kim. Club O sent two small bottles of Prosecco to our room. That is the first time in all these years they have acknowledged our anniversary. We went to the manager’s party. We went to sole Luna for dinner. I had fois gras appetizer and we both had the filet mignon with fois gras entrée. It was a bit disappointing this year and was of course the most expensive meal we had. 180 Euros or $248 Gold

Wednesday We got up at 6 took pictures, had breakfast, and lunch on the lanai. We went to dinner at sunset beach cafe with Ralph and Kim. We had escargot appetizers, Steve had sword fish and I had duck. We shared a bottle of chardonnay. The sunset was spectacular! It was an amazing evening. 81 euros Green

Thursday We got up at six, took pictures, had breakfast and lunch on the patio and dinner at piazza Pascal with the group. We had bruschetta and lobster ravioli and a bottle of chardonnay. $1 for $1 if paid in cash. Purple

Friday We got up at 6, took pictures breakfast and lunch. It rained in the morning. We had dinner at papaguyos. I had a crab cake and penne bolognaise and Steve had calamari and fish. We shared a bottle of chardonnay. 94 euros Zebra

Saturday we got up at 6 and took pix....had lunch on the patio. We drove to Bacchus to get a quiche for dinner at Ralph and Kim’s. . We had dinner at Tibuchon with Ralph and Kim. I had duck, Steve had sea scallops. All prices were in dollars so we paid cash. It was an amazing meal! White

Sunday, we got up at 6 and took pictures. We had breakfast on the patio and we had our last cheeseburger in paradise for lunch at papaguyos. We had dinner at Ralph and Kim's. Black

Monday morning we got up at five and drove to the airport. All flights went smoothly. We got home about 5. When we unpacked we discovered our beat spill speaker was missing from the suitcase.
We had a wonderful time and cannot wait to return next year.

[Linked Image]