Member Spotlight
toast
toast
Bucks County, Pa.
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
24 registered members (ydrwrb1, fabila, Kennys, Kegoangoango, TRIM, SXMBND, marybeth, SXMScubaman, steve74, AdventureAddict, SeeDiver, Deepcut, jbutah, SXMNAN, GeorgeC1, sunshine44, MrEZgoin, 7 invisible), 688 guests, and 73 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Flying groups of people.... need advice #279919
04/11/2022 08:39 AM
04/11/2022 08:39 AM
North Shore, MA
G
GettinBye Offline OP
Traveler
GettinBye  Offline OP
Traveler
G
North Shore, MA
As I mentioned in another thread I have a place on Virgin Gorda for a month next January It accommodates four couples at a time (including us). So I will be organizing groups coming and going. For the initial group, I'd like everyone to fly out of Boston together just to make life easy. I was going to just put the one way flights on my credit card and let them pay me back. (I like the miles) My question is- is there a reason TO book all 7 (I'm going a two days early to prepare) on one "ticket" as a group traveling together? Or does it make more sense to break them up ? My fear is I will get couple 3 on the plane and go to book the 4th couple and it won't accommodate. From a travel agent's perspective, is there a reason to keep the group together ? Or a more compelling reason to just book them separately should someone have an emergency and not be able to go....... I will be going thru this in weeks two and three as well but they're coming from separate parts of the country so a no-brainer.

Thank you in advance for any advice

[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
Re: Flying groups of people.... need advice [Re: GettinBye] #279931
04/11/2022 10:16 AM
04/11/2022 10:16 AM
GA/NC
GeorgeC1 Online content
Traveler
GeorgeC1  Online Content
Traveler
GA/NC
Many airlines have a group booking desk. Here is a link for JetBlue. It’s says 8 or more but I would give them a try.

https://www.jetblue.com/help/group-bookings

Re: Flying groups of people.... need advice [Re: GettinBye] #279933
04/11/2022 10:25 AM
04/11/2022 10:25 AM
706jim Offline
Traveler
706jim  Offline
Traveler
Too many times I've paid the bill (usually at a restaurant) after everyone has contributed what they figure was their fair share of the bill only to get screwed when somebody "underestimates" their bill or someone doesn't come through with payment after they "forgot" about that evening.

I would be reluctant to pay for all of those flights up front, but that is just me.

Re: Flying groups of people.... need advice [Re: GettinBye] #279943
04/11/2022 11:28 AM
04/11/2022 11:28 AM
C
Cleobeach Offline
Traveler
Cleobeach  Offline
Traveler
C
If you are set on paying the entire bill, go with a travel agent or the airline group booking desk. I did exactly what you are contemplating and got burned do to dynamic pricing. The ticket prices jumped by more than $200 pp after I purchased the first six tickets. Because family members 7, 8, 9 and 10 made their decision to go based on the original price, I paid the difference.

Let them make their own arrangements, it will be less stressful for everyone. If they can't or are unwilling to do so, VG might not be a place they want to be for a vacation.

Re: Flying groups of people.... need advice [Re: GettinBye] #279946
04/11/2022 12:26 PM
04/11/2022 12:26 PM
Georgia & South Carolina
D
Deepcut Online embarrased
Traveler
Deepcut  Online Embarrased
Traveler
D
Georgia & South Carolina
Originally Posted by GettinBye
I was going to just put the one way flights on my credit card and let them pay me back.

I think booking all together is better as the computer algorithms may bump rates up after 1st couple books. Also some advantages with "groups" in regards to connections and cancellations.

I would have immediate payment required from all parties (Venmo, etc) once you book. Likely include travel insurance in this amount as well. A group text can confirm all are in agreement to pricing after on airline website even before buying. Don't get caught being their banker!

Wes
s/v Sea Tiger (2022 Lagoon 46)
www.BareBoatBVI.com

Re: Flying groups of people.... need advice [Re: GettinBye] #279954
04/11/2022 03:22 PM
04/11/2022 03:22 PM
Washington DC
B
bailau Offline
Traveler
bailau  Offline
Traveler
B
Washington DC
Originally Posted by GettinBye
As I mentioned in another thread I have a place on Virgin Gorda for a month next January It accommodates four couples at a time (including us). So I will be organizing groups coming and going. For the initial group, I'd like everyone to fly out of Boston together just to make life easy. I was going to just put the one way flights on my credit card and let them pay me back. (I like the miles) My question is- is there a reason TO book all 7 (I'm going a two days early to prepare) on one "ticket" as a group traveling together? Or does it make more sense to break them up ? My fear is I will get couple 3 on the plane and go to book the 4th couple and it won't accommodate. From a travel agent's perspective, is there a reason to keep the group together ? Or a more compelling reason to just book them separately should someone have an emergency and not be able to go....... I will be going thru this in weeks two and three as well but they're coming from separate parts of the country so a no-brainer.

Thank you in advance for any advice

I book it all so it gest done right...you may want to look at charter flight on 2nd leg with 8 people. We use Island Birds