Member Spotlight
ndfaninnc
ndfaninnc
Kannapolis, NC
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
beach_dhays, Cobalt, HikeNYCParks, KVR, Twanger
Who's Online Now
47 registered members (taraavo, lfey, JeanneB, Fitzhughlaw, pandpfromcanada, KirkB, duckfat, dMusicb, GeorgeC1, Kennys, Rbailey, eightzerobits, TC42, Sea_Skyman, Tracey868, Scooter, kajunlady61, jbutah, davidandsusannj, nevar37, Fran, MrTim-BTV, hokiesailor, John, charlie, sxmpete, NumberCruncher, geomo, xrayman67, ndfaninnc, IWIWSE, Uksimonusa, bostonbob, onlymedication, 13 invisible), 625 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
As our trip winds down……. #281034
04/26/2022 10:54 AM
04/26/2022 10:54 AM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline OP
Traveler
pat  Offline OP
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
This has been an unusual trip for us. Sometimes life and health matters bring about the need to change one’s habits….and this trip for us has been that way but it’s still been all good and we are so blessed to be here. Monday was another boringly quiet day but enjoyable nonetheless.

Things I’ve noticed along the way…….

I can’t remember the waves coming in here at BSV, and along this stretch of Simpson Bay Beach in particular, as gently as they are this morning. No rollers and no crashers. Just a gentle soft surf coming in and kissing the sand. And speaking of sand, there’s even a small drop off - like maybe a max of 1.5 feet - along some of the beach here. First time I’ve seen this during our current stay.

Yesterday I was in the kitchen making tea with both the front and sliding back doors wide open. I watched not one, but two tiny little birds fly into our villa and make a full lap astound and then fly right back out again. I guess they didn’t like the accommodations. Our doors are now shut most of the time. Last November it was an iguana that came calling - I guess we look like animal lovers?

Saba? She be back and this morning she’s more visible today than I’ve seen her this trip. St. Kitts and Nevis are also fairly viewable this morning but I see no sign of Statia though I know she’s out there, too.

Edited to add - a couple of hours after this post was started and St.Eustatia - aka Statia - has now decided to make her presence known so at this time and from our vantage point at BSV, we can see Saba, St. Kitts and Statia in that order.

Still can’t get any info regarding the construction happening at the old Cheri’s location but it is on-going and the only thing we keep hearing is there will be five (really??) eateries in that location.

Last edited by pat; 04/26/2022 12:25 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
SXM Sponsors
Re: As our trip winds down…….q [Re: pat] #281035
04/26/2022 11:09 AM
04/26/2022 11:09 AM
CT
MamaB Offline
Traveler
MamaB  Offline
Traveler
CT
I'm so happy you and John are enjoying your stay. Sounds a lot like ours. Once you've been there, done that- all that's left is the pure enjoyment of the moment. Thank you for taking us along for the ride.

Re: As our trip winds down…….q [Re: pat] #281044
04/26/2022 01:18 PM
04/26/2022 01:18 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Pat--we leave our front and back doors open most of the time during the day. I'm sure the little birdies just wanted to take a look-see to see if you had any bird food for them! smile It is nice to just sit and watch the world go by sometimes, and you often will see things you wouldn't notice otherwise.

Enjoy!

Carol Hill
Re: As our trip winds down…….q [Re: pat] #281052
04/26/2022 04:22 PM
04/26/2022 04:22 PM
New Hampshire
Beansbbq Offline
Traveler
Beansbbq  Offline
Traveler
New Hampshire
Pat your morning sounds idyllic. We took the day to drop off our friend at the airport. Forgot how amazing the views are from that side. My son and our friend were enamored with the views of the islands from afar today. Super clear day, picture perfect for a final day drive to the airport for her. Thanks for your posts from that side!