Day 0: We got a hotel down near Logan Airport for the early flight on day 1. Got through tons of traffic in Malden and finally got to the 4 Points Sheridan around 6:30 PM Friday. Hung out and went UNO’s for soup and pizza.

Day1 Saturday: Got the 5:30 AM shuttle to the airport – no worries – ck’d bags and got on the 7 AM BOS flight to our connection in Philly. In Philly we went right onto the next flight to STT and hoped our bags would make the flight. Once in STT w/ bags we started to relax. Upstairs at the Pump House for some Mojitos and to share a BLT. Next it’s Speedy’s ferry to Virgin Gorda. It’s supposed to take 1.5 hr but really took 2+ then add 45 min for customs. Picked up the rent a car in the darkening skies and pointed towards Guavaberry Spring Bay figuring there weren’t that many wrong turns you could take on this tiny, 1-horse (Goat??) island. Found the office and got the nickel tour of the Jemstone Villa. Cheese and crackers and early to bed.

Day 2 Sunday: Wake up on island and looked around in the daylight. WOW. Jemstone Villa was open on three sides and located up on the hill. Caribbean Trades blew through the villa for a great experience. Jumped down the private road to Spring Bay and DOUBLE WOW! Beautiful white coral sand beach (completely deserted at 8:30 AM) defined by huge imposing giant boulder formations to the north and south. Back to the villa and breakfast at the Top o the Baths. I had Tunisian Eggs (excellent) and Diane had Ham and Eggs (Dr Seuss fan?) and an English muffin. For dinner we went looking for the mine shaft w/ the best sunset in the Caribbean. But we somehow ended up at the Rock Café and when I asked for the best table to view the sunset the waiter looked at me funny and led us to a nice table beside a waterfall nestled between huge boulders. Anyway, food was good. Diane had pasta w/peas and cream sauce and I had spaghetti de mere. I ate all mine but Di didn’t love it. Brought home some calamariand zucchini frittes leftover from appetizers.

Day 3 Monday: Another morning at the Guavaberry Beach. Lots of boaters dinking in trying to find a land passage to the Baths. They’re not supposed to use the private Guavaberry Road so technically they had to walk over to the National Park trail up to the road then walk the road over to the Top of the Baths and down the trail from there. Most of them opted to carpe diem and enjoy the beauty of Spring Bay while others headed back out in the dink. Snorkeled the boulders between our beach and the Baths. Saw some interesting coral and the usual suspects for fish, nothing terribly exciting. Early afternoon we went back to the villa for light fare, drinks, dip in the pool and a nap. Hey I like sailing as much as the next guy but I can get used to this villa living. Once recharged we drove the North Sound road and stopped over to Hog Heaven. That place is amazing. High up on the mountainside with fantastic views of North Sound. We met some fun TTOLers (you know who you are) and a nice couple from Colorado, Chris and Misty. Stop at Leverick Bay then home

Tuesday Spring Bay and Trunk Bay. Bar Hop – Cocoa Maya – Copper Mine – Mine shaft – Bath and Turtle – Cocoa for dinner w/ great apps and share a steak

Wednesday: Savanna Bay was deserted all morning. We sat under the trees and swam in the shallow waters at the south end, Then we drove the back road past Mahoe and Nail to Hogs Heaven for a beer and then home for naps. Spring Bay at dusk w/ bottle of wine. Bath and Turtle for hamburger and chicken.

Thursday: Baths and Devils Bay. The trick is to go early. We started before 8 am and enjoyed a leisurely walk through the caves and hung out at Devil’s Bay. Around 10:30 the tour groups started coming through so we headed back. hang – Mermaid’s Grill up for Lobster and Wahoo!

Friday: Gun Creek and take launch to Bitter End, Lunch at SABA Rock (MAHI Salad w/Quinoa was very good) then to Leverick for a drink then back to Jemstone then back to Hog Heaven. I think driving VG roads is fun and easy to do. They’re in excellent shape with plenty of signs. Just watch out for the dips and speed bumps.

Sat: Up and at ‘em to Speedy’s at 8:30. Go through C&I 2X at St Thomas, once getting off the ferry and another at the airport. Jet Blue to BOS – drive to NH

Overall we loved the villa. It could easily accommodate 4 adults with children, although young toddlers might be a concern on the stairs. Lovely fauna and the breezes were wonderful. Didn’t turn the AC on at all. Pool was perfect. We also liked staying on the south end near Spanish Town.

Tina is the Guavaberry Mgr and she alerted us to the annual nighttime flowering of the Cereus Cactus. Buds bloom after dark for one night then die off. New buds will flower the next night and this continues for a few days. The flowers were spectacular. If you google cereus cactus you can see for yourself.