We get guest comments all the time, but every now and then, you get an exceptional one. These comments are about a yacht we help manage, One Love.... this vacationer really gets it!

Beyond “just” vacation is the ONE (Love) VACATION!

We all look forward to and take vacation for a variety of reasons: relaxation, getting away from work, escaping the routine, re-energizing, re-introducing ourselves and having focused quality time with family, taking an adventure, and having fun, etc. I like most, when deciding on a vacation, I work to optimize on a few of those above reasons based on what I think my family needs the most.

Our past vacations have been great; however, I began to notice when describing my vacation to others, the word “just” kept creeping in my characterization. “If we had just done this one thing …”, “If I just had a little more time with …”, “if I could have just unplugged a bit more …”, “We just went to the beach…” or “We just kind of relaxed…”

When planning this past spring break vacation I was determined to go beyond the “just” vacation. I wanted it all. No more “just” vacation. We were going on VACATION! So, we used iyachtclub (www.iyachtclub.com) to book a week on One Love with Mike and Rebecca in search of the 100% VACATION.

The pre-VACATION communication and coordination was simple and clear. Derek and iyachtclub were available and super- responsive to follow up questions and guidance. They completely eliminated the unknowns associated with getting a family of five packed and ready for a new experience.

Transportation to the boat was easy. Upon arrival, we were greeted by their van like long time friends. The orientation around the boat was concise and clear. As a parent, the safety emphasis was calming and, in fact, helped me relax. Within 15 mins on One Love Cat I could feel work, stress and everyday worries being cast away.

Based on our preferences submitted prior to our adventure, Mike and Rebecca had charted out an itinerary and reviewed the plan the first night with us. They made great recommendations and left open the option to modify based on how we were feeling each day. It was great not to make any decisions and have the flexibility to shift plans.

We did everything we wanted to and more. We experienced more than we expected. Mike and Rebecca engaged our children in a way that made them want to learn about sailing. They took the helm and learned to navigate. They assisted in the mooring actions. They learned to tie knots. They learned to blow the conch shell.

We played, sang, swam, explored, talked, laughed, rested and ate as a family. Every meal was fantastic. I am not sure how Rebecca pulled off the meals in the micro-kitchen but it was amazing. So we never had the need nor the desire to eat “off boat” since we could not imagine anything better: perfect setting, attentive servers and awesome food.

Throughout the experience we felt we were with friends who went to extraordinary lengths to take great care of us. We were never made to feel like we were a burden. It was an effortless relationship (I know they worked really hard).

The most important outcome of this VACATION was the awesome shared family experience; a shared family experience that will never leave my family or me.

We all deserve at least ONE (Love) VACATION.

No more “just” vacations. - Mike Long and Family

Capts Derek and Brenda
www.Sailbellavita.com